Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014-15 Impala LTZ performance exhaust upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2014, 7:42 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been behind some very raspy v6 Mustangs with manual transmissions. Sounds horrible to make all that noise and not really go anywhere.
Old April 15th, 2015, 11:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BOSOX
Must be showing my age, just picked up my new 14' 2LT with the 3.6 and am loving the silence. LOL
Gotta agree except I'm not just "showing my age" one look and I am SHOWING MY AGE! But as a very happy 2014 2LT I too love the quiet. Went from a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited to my 'grampa car'. Had some medical issues and the Jeep ride (although good) was just not as smooth and comfy as the Imp.

The power is more than needed but of course could always use more. Okay a bit of a rumble would work too. Usually have the back windows down for the pooch so a little roar would be nice.

Bought a 2000 LT when they came back and loved it. Then it was trucks and Jeeps until last July.
Old April 21st, 2015, 4:13 PM
CF Beginner

Sounds like you should let someone drive it & listen to it outside the car to hear it? I heard some delete the muffler & put resonator tips like aero on there?
Borla was one that seemed could make an exhaust that sounded nice deep at idle & not so loud with higher rpm. imo
Old August 4th, 2015, 7:58 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2015 Impala

I was waiting for the 2016 Impala Midnights to come out. I went to the dealership and they told me that they weren't bringing out the midnights this year. I bought the 2015 Impala LTZ and I'm wondering if the muffler system is changed out whether or not that will be an issue with warranty for one and can the SS mufflers be put on the LTZ. I'm 60 and a motor head...I want to know my impala is running. I'll keep y'all posted. By the way, I LOVE my Impala.
Old August 4th, 2015, 10:22 PM
CF Junior Member

can the SS mufflers be put on the LTZ
What SS are you referring to ?
Old March 22nd, 2016, 11:07 AM
CF Beginner

Default performance upgrades.

has anyone done any performance upgrades to the 2015 3.6L 9th gen. impala ? was wondering what they did, where they found the part and how well it turned out. looking at chip, muffler or exhaust , k&n filter , and if they found a cold air intake or any other ideas, I was also wondering if any of the Camaro upgrades would work if they are same motor or not, seems like they have a lot of upgrades available.
Old October 23rd, 2016, 5:21 PM
CF Beginner

I see this is an older thread, but-- I just installed the magna flow system on my 2014 Impala LTZ and you certainly can hear if from the interior and there is a good power increase-- through the range, but mostly towards the top end-- When I'm accelerating hard, the tires will spin a bit at the top end of first gear-- the sound is great-- you can hear it rumbling at low rpm's and when just cruising along. inside it actually gets quiet when really on it-- I don't know how it sounds form the outside.... I just wonder if the system will fit on the newer and other models-- I have the through the bumper exhaust, and not sure if the exhaust tips could be cut short enough to turn them down for the now standard non ported bumper....

It took me an hour to install with just car ramps.
Old February 21st, 2019, 10:56 AM
CF Beginner

Default Exhaust Tips?

Just purchased my 2014 Impala LTZ 2LZ and wondering if exhaust tip extensions are available to bring the exhaust out thru the lower rear bumper exhaust cut outs? Thinking this might stop the chrome exhaust rings on the bumper from turning black.
​​​​​​​

Old August 19th, 2022, 9:55 AM
CF Beginner

Default Magnaflow upgrade

Originally Posted by Just Dave
I see this is an older thread, but-- I just installed the magna flow system on my 2014 Impala LTZ and you certainly can hear if from the interior and there is a good power increase-- through the range, but mostly towards the top end-- When I'm accelerating hard, the tires will spin a bit at the top end of first gear-- the sound is great-- you can hear it rumbling at low rpm's and when just cruising along. inside it actually gets quiet when really on it-- I don't know how it sounds form the outside.... I just wonder if the system will fit on the newer and other models-- I have the through the bumper exhaust, and not sure if the exhaust tips could be cut short enough to turn them down for the now standard non ported bumper....

It took me an hour to install with just car ramps.
I am considering replacing my stock exhaust system (CAT Back) on my 2014 Impala LTZ with the MagnaFlow performance exhaust.

From what I read of your post, sounded like you were happy with the MagnaFlow upgrade, right?

Would you recomend the upgrade?

Thanks.
David