Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 Impala 2LZ - No Sound

Search this Thread

Old December 4th, 2018, 6:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello

Originally Posted by Sblack099

2015 impala ltz with the same issue. 60,000 miles and no warranty. Water constantly in the trunk and now no sound from anything. Removed fuse and nothing. Removed battery terminal and nothing. Checked harness for fusible link or corroded connection and nothing. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?? Please help
I have a 14 and my trunk has had at least 50 gallons of water taken out of it. SMH
Old February 5th, 2019, 2:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi Phil,

Very sorry for this. If you need any additional assistance into the dealership, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via private message. We would be happy to look into this further for you!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
impala no sound could u help me
Old April 6th, 2019, 3:00 PM
CF Beginner

Default In response to water in the trunk were their any findings ?

My wifes 2015 impala i have found water in trunk , and ideas of the problem that was found , also in this 2015 that radio has taken a crap no screen and no sound spoke to Chevrolet rep- and tells me radio onl6 has a 1 year warranty that i think is bull i am a lifetime customer and enjoy Chevrolet and Gm products be for this 15 we bought a 14 and had no issue so now i am faced with this situation.
Originally Posted by edgardonjuan
I also have no sound and my screen goes off and on randomly. I have checked the fuses and they're fine. I took my car to the dealer due to having water in the trunk, and they didn't address the no audio/screen issue due to the car being out of warranty and said they would charge me 89.99+tax for one hour of diagnostic work just to tell me whats causing the issue. any suggestions?

thanks
Old April 14th, 2019, 9:17 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I thought I read somewhere, possibly in a service bulletin, that if there is water intrusion into the trunk, then the amplifier should be checked for damage from the having water in/on it. I've been looking where I saw this, but no luck yet.
Old May 19th, 2019, 9:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been having the same problem and it got worse. I originally thought it was the HMI module or even the radio module, and changed both with new ones on my 2014 LTZ and sound would still go in and out. Not sure what to do now. I don't know where the factory amp is located to take a look at it. I changed the fuses of both the radio and amp with new ones (even though I tested them and they worked) and still nothing. I called the dealer and they mentioned that it would cost over 500 for the part and about 250 for labor. I shouldn't have to pay that much for just the stock stereo when I paid over that much for a new HMI and radio modules that are doing the same thing as the original. Just now I have android auto/carplay, but can't use it because of no sound, even blinkers have no sound. Please help, has anyone able to fix or know what the problem is with out just taking out the fuse which seems to do nothing. All I know is that everyone, if you turn off the car for about 2 mins or more, it will temporally reset the system, but after a short time the sound will go in and out again.

Please help.
The following users liked this post:
Donald West (October 10th, 2020)
Old May 21st, 2019, 7:53 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Paul have you had the car scanned to see if there were any error codes?
Old July 14th, 2019, 5:15 PM
CF Beginner

Default Dont go to dealer

I also have no sound and my screen goes off and on randomly. I have checked the fuses and they're fine. I took my car to the dealer due to having water in the trunk, and they didn't address the no audio/screen issue due to the car being out of warranty and said they would charge me 89.99+tax for one hour of diagnostic work just to tell me whats causing the issue. any suggestions?

thanks

I had the EXACT same thing happen to me. Trunk somehow gets water in there. Radio began coming and going. Dealership wanted 800 to replace amplifier but they are not sure that it qould fix the problem. I spent 100 to replace amp. Door, turn signal, and oyher chimes now work but still no radio. I am stumped. I would like to fix problem, but no one knows how.
Old October 10th, 2020, 8:42 PM
CF Beginner

Default Reception on 2014 impala ltz

Originally Posted by WWCPD
Anyone else have a problem with reception? One day my radio was working fine and the next day I can't get any stations or HD stations. They are telling my the rear windshield tint is causing the problem?
yes I have had several of these same problems and it seems like maybe there is a recall necessary. This cant be a coincidence. Too many people are having the same problems.
Old March 28th, 2021, 9:06 PM
CF Beginner

does anyone know how to fix the audio off problem of an impala 2014, I’ve tried everything the satellite radio receiver module and the radio are new, but I still having the same problem, and I don’t really know what to do next.
I already tried the hard reset with the door and remove the negative from the battery but nothing changed.

Last edited by Juan1892; March 28th, 2021 at 9:18 PM.
Old September 13th, 2021, 4:34 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same here on my 2015 1LT

Did you ever get a fix? Your issues is exactly what I'm experiencing and can't find an answer anywhere.

thanks