Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 Impala LT Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old December 1st, 2014, 4:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PapaD
I get the same kind of looks with my 2014 2LT. Last week I saw a cute old couple pull up beside me at a light in their Camry and the lady in the passenger side looked my Impala over read good. Then I could read her lips as she said to her husband...."It's an Impala!".
I agree with your thoughts on the exhaust pipes. First car I've ever had with dual exhaust and the tail pipes are about 80% hidden! The pipes on the LTZ are really sharp and I'd love to add some chrome rectangular tips to my 2LT, but 1) I haven't been able to find any that are angled correctly so that they would be parallel with the ground once installed and 2) I'm not sure how good they would look sticking out below the bumper as opposed to being inset into the bumper like the LTZ?

So I'm looking for the same kind of answer that you are. I'm thinking someone out there has done this already?
Papa D: When looking for a solution, I tried to run the tips parallel to the ground, but the bumper sat too low to run the tips under it without looking gawdy. Instead I opted to install 2.5" diameter round stainless steel angle cut exhaust tips. They are angled down 30-40 degrees off the factory muffler in place of the turndown factory tips. I ran them through the existing bumper cutouts and shortened them to keep them from protruding beyond the back of the bumper. It really helped give a more aggressive look from the rear of the car.
Old December 6th, 2014, 11:17 AM
CF Beginner

Maniac's 2LT Impala

Can you take pictures and post them here for us to see?

Thanks
Old December 7th, 2014, 3:41 PM
CF Beginner

I'll try to post pictures for you. The stainless steel tips are not well pronounced, but they do look better than the factory turndown tips.
Old December 9th, 2014, 4:39 PM
CF Beginner

I added a picture to my profile. Hope it helps with my description.
Old December 9th, 2014, 6:01 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the picture.
Old December 9th, 2014, 9:18 PM
CF Beginner

what size are the exhaust tips? 2.5 inlet and 3.0 outlet? Length 6 to 8 inches?
Old December 10th, 2014, 8:07 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Blackt52
what size are the exhaust tips? 2.5 inlet and 3.0 outlet? Length 6 to 8 inches?
Tips are 2.25 inlet and 2.5 outlet approximately 7 inches long. The installer shortened them to a desired length.
Old December 10th, 2014, 8:08 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Blackt52
Thanks for the picture.
You're welcome.
Old December 13th, 2014, 8:32 PM
CF Beginner

[QUOTE=Maniac's 2LT Impala;290124]Psycho Joe: Installing polished stainless steel exhaust tips in place of the factory turndown tips worked for me. No need to replace the mufflers or cut holes in the bumper. They are angled down 30-40 degrees off the muffler through the existing bumper cutouts and gave the car a more aggressive, yet clean non-modified factory look.[/QUOT

it looks nice it didnt change the sound or anything did it?

Last edited by masseym90; December 13th, 2014 at 8:34 PM.
Old December 14th, 2014, 8:50 PM
CF Beginner

No, unlike resonator tips, these are plain polished stainless steel tips. The sound and performance are both still the same as the factory turn down ones. I chose these because I wanted to modify the vehicle's appearance only.

If you are looking to have a sportier performance sound, you may want to consider purchasing and installing a pair of 2.5" inlet/3.0'' outlet stainless steel resonator tips. But make sure that they can be shortened enough on the inlet end (to 6" - 7" in length) so that the tips don't extend too low under the bumper.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: 2014 Impala LT Exhaust