Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2015 impala new trans, still jerks on take off

Search this Thread

Old June 29th, 2023, 4:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 impala new trans, still jerks on take off

I have a 2015 Impala has 105,000 miles on it. I've read a lot of people that have similar issues to mine but haven't really resolved the problem. Looking for advice/ opinions. The issue is pretty random, when i stop or am in stop and go like a drive thru if it goes in to auto stop it's great. When it does not it can get stuck. When i try to accelerate the speedometer goes up but the car doesn't move. When it does move it jerks forward feeling lIke someone rear ended you. I have replaced the trans and it still does the same thing. This doesn't always happen, i live in michigan so in the winter when it's cold out ir can go for weeks and never happen. In the warmer weather it might do this every time i stop! Taken it to the dealership they had techs from GM out to go over my trans found no
issues. But can not tell me what's wrong with my car. It doesn't ever cause the check engine light to come on so no code. I am hoping someone else has experienced this and was able to resolve the problem.
Old July 2nd, 2023, 3:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought it used from a dealership. They claimed
they had no idea. They kept my car off and on for over a year trying to figure out what was wrong with no luck. I ended taking it somewhere else at the advice of GM customer service and they told me it needed a new trans. That did not solve the problem.