Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Cooling Fan issues, and some common questions.

Search this Thread

Old March 27th, 2012, 9:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooling Fan issues, and some common questions.

2000 Impala w/3800 V6 - 219.500 miles.

Cooling Fan - I recently had a local mechanic do some minor work on my Impala. He claims that he had to replace the battery because it had went dead and frooze. That's not at all impossible in Northern Minnesota; however the reason he claimed that the battery was going dead may be. He claims that a few days later he walked out to drive my car into his shop and the cooling fan on the passenger side was running, even though the engine had not been run for days.
Is this possible, and what may cause it? I have had dead batteries somewhat often over the last couple of years (the car sits alot while I am out of town at work) but have never heard the fan run without the engine running and heated up.

Common Issues - I am looking for some common resolutions to a few other isssues with my Impala. This car is simply a work car, so it is not so pretty anymore, but it has been reliable.
1) The driver side heated seat doesn't work. Wiring and fuses appear to be fine.
2) Dimmer switch lever is hard to pull and won't always allow me to go to high beam or dim lights.
3) Rough idle even after I had my mechanic diagnose bad injectors and fuel pressure regulator.

Any help with these issues will be greatly appriciated !!!!
Thanks Guys !