Finally! a recall on the traction control,stabilitrack, throttle shut down problem!! - Page 5 - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Finally! a recall on the traction control,stabilitrack, throttle shut down problem!!

CF Beginner

October 29th, 2016, 4:10 PM   #41  
Please Help!!

I have an 03 Chevy Impala. My traction control comes on with the abs light so I had it checked and fixed at the Chevrolet dealership and so far had the barrings replaced on the driver side and they also did something to the speed sensor, thought everything was fine but come to find out my tractions control & abs light comes on. When I reverse or go from any stop it is constantly throwing the abs n TC off. Had auto zone check and some of the codes they didn't know. Took it to a auto shop but I can't afford the fix for my car.. This is not the first time I've heard of ppls sensors getting thrown off.. Please Help.
Thank you,
Lisa

CF Beginner

January 7th, 2017, 6:25 PM   #42  
Help

Posted By: Chevrolet Customer Service Hi JimK,

Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, JimK. If needed we'll gladly go over any details concerning recalls for your vehicle.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I need this to it just happened to me

CF Beginner

February 28th, 2017, 9:54 AM   #43  
Posted By: Chevrolet Customer Service Hi JimK,

Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, JimK. If needed we'll gladly go over any details concerning recalls for your vehicle.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Does this TSB apply to other models? Our 2008 Avalanche is flashing all of the same lights with reduced power, shaking and smoking on start.

CF Beginner

March 30th, 2017, 8:01 PM   #44  
This issue just happened to my son!

My 19 year old son was driving his 2009 Impala home from college when the check engine light came on followed by all of the other dashboard warning lights. The vehicle lost power and then the engine turned off. This all happened on the Interstate while traveling 65 mph during rush hour. Thankfully, my son remained calm and was able to coast over to the shoulder to call me. While I was enroute to his location, he tried a couple of times to restart the vehicle but it wouldn't restart. When I arrived at his location, I got into his vehicle and it started right up. Of course, the check engine light was still on so we decided to take it carefully to our local and trusted garage for them to pull the fault code. The code indicated that the APP sensor was the problem. The garage replaced the accelerator pedal assembly and told me that service bulletin 14363 addressed this problem except that my 2009 Impala now has 140,800 miles on it so it exceeds the 120,000 mile limit on the bulletin. Back in 2015 when the bulletin was released the vehicle had between 110,000-115,000 miles.

I never received bulletin 14363 from Chevy. I've received other GM recall notices, including the ignition key fix, which we have all of them done. I've noticed that GM mails multiple recall notices for the same issue so I"m confident that I never received this bulletin.

This is a known issue that could have ended very badly for my son. Thankfully, it didn't. In any case, this is a serious issue and should be at the level of a recall. I'd like GM/Chevy to reach out to me to address my concerns and restore my confidence in their products.

Last edited by ord20282; March 30th, 2017 at 8:04 PM.

Search this Thread
Sponsors