Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Finally! a recall on the traction control,stabilitrack, throttle shut down problem!!

Search this Thread

Old October 29th, 2016, 4:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Please Help!!

I have an 03 Chevy Impala. My traction control comes on with the abs light so I had it checked and fixed at the Chevrolet dealership and so far had the barrings replaced on the driver side and they also did something to the speed sensor, thought everything was fine but come to find out my tractions control & abs light comes on. When I reverse or go from any stop it is constantly throwing the abs n TC off. Had auto zone check and some of the codes they didn't know. Took it to a auto shop but I can't afford the fix for my car.. This is not the first time I've heard of ppls sensors getting thrown off.. Please Help.
Thank you,
Lisa
Old January 7th, 2017, 6:25 PM
CF Beginner

Default Help

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi JimK,

Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, JimK. If needed we'll gladly go over any details concerning recalls for your vehicle.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I need this to it just happened to me
Old February 28th, 2017, 9:54 AM
CF Beginner

Hi JimK,

Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, JimK. If needed we'll gladly go over any details concerning recalls for your vehicle.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Does this TSB apply to other models? Our 2008 Avalanche is flashing all of the same lights with reduced power, shaking and smoking on start.
Old March 30th, 2017, 8:01 PM
CF Beginner

Default This issue just happened to my son!

My 19 year old son was driving his 2009 Impala home from college when the check engine light came on followed by all of the other dashboard warning lights. The vehicle lost power and then the engine turned off. This all happened on the Interstate while traveling 65 mph during rush hour. Thankfully, my son remained calm and was able to coast over to the shoulder to call me. While I was enroute to his location, he tried a couple of times to restart the vehicle but it wouldn't restart. When I arrived at his location, I got into his vehicle and it started right up. Of course, the check engine light was still on so we decided to take it carefully to our local and trusted garage for them to pull the fault code. The code indicated that the APP sensor was the problem. The garage replaced the accelerator pedal assembly and told me that service bulletin 14363 addressed this problem except that my 2009 Impala now has 140,800 miles on it so it exceeds the 120,000 mile limit on the bulletin. Back in 2015 when the bulletin was released the vehicle had between 110,000-115,000 miles.

I never received bulletin 14363 from Chevy. I've received other GM recall notices, including the ignition key fix, which we have all of them done. I've noticed that GM mails multiple recall notices for the same issue so I"m confident that I never received this bulletin.

This is a known issue that could have ended very badly for my son. Thankfully, it didn't. In any case, this is a serious issue and should be at the level of a recall. I'd like GM/Chevy to reach out to me to address my concerns and restore my confidence in their products.

Last edited by ord20282; March 30th, 2017 at 8:04 PM.
Old May 21st, 2017, 11:03 PM
CF Beginner

Does this same recall apply to the 2012 Impala? I'm at my wits end with this car. A couple years back the dealer told me it was a bearing issue. The bearing was replaced but the problem has never gone away. In fact, it's gotten a lot worse. To the point where I'm almost getting into accidents over it. Dealer had no answer and I gave up on them.
The recall I'm referring to is the traction control stabilitrac malfunction

Last edited by bertthedog; May 21st, 2017 at 11:06 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2017, 11:06 AM
CF Beginner

Question Still haven't heard anything.

Hello, I have a few questions. I made a post on the, "Finally! a recall on the traction control,stabilitrack, throttle shut down problem!!" update", and I don't think anyone or even an official Chevy person answered my post, I just don't know how to find out if they did. Also how do I go about on who to speak with about hearing "recalls" on the chevy impalas that are having problems with the traction control. I'm still new to the site, so please bare with me.
Thank you,
Lisa Robertson.
Old July 9th, 2017, 3:00 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by JimK
Finally, I received a recall letter today from Chevy on the Service Traction Control, Service Stabilitrack, Engine power reduced problem. They claim it's a bad solder connection. They are offering to reimburse if you already had repairs done. They're also giving extended protection for 10 yrs./120,000 miles.
So, watch for your letter. If you don't get one, the return address on mine is
Chevrolet
P.O. Box 909989
Milwaukee, WI 53209-9989

My car is a 2010 Impala
I wonder if I could get help I'm having the sane exact problem, so annoying I have a 2003 GMC Yukon Denali
Old July 15th, 2017, 10:01 AM
CF Beginner

Default Help!!!

My 2010 impala is having trouble with the ABS system and Chevy has no record of the above mentioned recall. What can I do to get this fixed?
Old July 15th, 2017, 4:34 PM
CF Beginner

I finally received a PM reply from Chevy Customer Service. Here the thread:

March 30th, 2017, 9:01 PM #44
ord20282
This issue just happened to my son!

My 19 year old son was driving his 2009 Impala home from college when the check engine light came on followed by all of the other dashboard warning lights. The vehicle lost power and then the engine turned off. This all happened on the Interstate while traveling 65 mph during rush hour. Thankfully, my son remained calm and was able to coast over to the shoulder to call me. While I was enroute to his location, he tried a couple of times to restart the vehicle but it wouldn't restart. When I arrived at his location, I got into his vehicle and it started right up. Of course, the check engine light was still on so we decided to take it carefully to our local and trusted garage for them to pull the fault code. The code indicated that the APP sensor was the problem. The garage replaced the accelerator pedal assembly and told me that service bulletin 14363 addressed this problem except that my 2009 Impala now has 140,800 miles on it so it exceeds the 120,000 mile limit on the bulletin. Back in 2015 when the bulletin was released the vehicle had between 110,000-115,000 miles.

I never received bulletin 14363 from Chevy. I've received other GM recall notices, including the ignition key fix, which we have all of them done. I've noticed that GM mails multiple recall notices for the same issue so I"m confident that I never received this bulletin.

This is a known issue that could have ended very badly for my son. Thankfully, it didn't. In any case, this is a serious issue and should be at the level of a recall. I'd like GM/Chevy to reach out to me to address my concerns and restore my confidence in their products.

Last edited by ord20282; March 30th, 2017 at 9:04 PM.

Private Messages:
May 4th, 2017, 2:16 PM
Chevrolet Customer Service
Re: Service Traction Control, Service Stabilitrack, Engine power reduced problem

Posted By: Chevrolet Customer Service

Thank you for contacting our team. I'm very sorry to hear about the unexpected concern your son experienced in his 2009 Impala. We take this situation very seriously as safety is of the utmost importance to us. I tried to take a look at the service bulletin you provided, but was unable to locate it in our systems. Would you mind providing the VIN so that I may best assist?

To learn more about GM's privacy policy, please visit Privacy Statement | GM.com

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care

Posted By: ord20282
Jasmine,
I sent a reply earlier this week but I'm not sure it ever went out. Here is the VIN for my Impala:

XXXXXXXXXXXX4464

Here are two links for the Bulletin:

http://gm.oemdtc.com/2743/reduced-en...uick-chevrolet

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/c...58688-1937.pdf

I also have the repair receipt for $360.13 and the replaced accelerator pedal with sensor still attached that I can send to you.

Thanks in advance for your help with this matter.

Sincerely,

Posted By: ord20282
Jasmine or anyone at customer service,
I sent a reply two weeks and haven't receive a return reply. Can someone reach out and let me know what is going on?
Thanks

Posted By: Chevrolet Customer Service

Thank you for taking the time to provide these requested details so promptly. We sincerely apologize for the delay on our end and appreciate your follow-ups and being given the opportunity to assist.

After reviewing your VIN on our end, I can confirm that your son’s Impala currently has no Open or Incomplete recalls associated. Additionally, I do see that Special Coverage 14363 is affiliated to your Chevy. Please understand that our Special Coverages, stand as extended warranties, and differ from recalls. General Motors mails notices to all affected VIN owners without knowledge of the current mileage to provide an opportunity for those that may have had to pay for the same repairs out of pocket, to file a reimbursement claim. Additionally, repairs under a special coverage are only performed when the specified condition is present in the vehicle.

Unfortunately, as your vehicle has surpassed the age and mileage perimeters (09/10/2018 and 120,008 miles, respectively), this would be considered a customer expense. I recognize this was not the resolution you were seeking, and am sorry for any added displeasure. If there is anything else our team can assist you with, please let us know.

Helen
Chevrolet Customer Care

May 4th, 2017, 2:16 PM
Chevrolet Customer Service

Obviously, that is not the answer I wanted to hear. I'm keeping my replaced parts and receipt just in case GM/Chevy ever decide to recall this part. I just hope no one ever gets injured before that happens.
Old July 30th, 2017, 11:30 PM
CF Beginner

Hello Jennifer,

We would be happy to look into this further, and see if your CTS has any open recalls. Feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN and current mileage. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
I need help with my 2008 Silverado

Quick Reply: Finally! a recall on the traction control,stabilitrack, throttle shut down problem!!