Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Finally! a recall on the traction control,stabilitrack, throttle shut down problem!!

Search this Thread

Old August 3rd, 2017, 1:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
I am having the same problem. My vehicle info is
2009 Chevy Impala 3.5 LT
2G1WT57N791265542

How can I go about getting it fixed?

Thank you !
Old August 3rd, 2017, 1:46 AM
CF Beginner

Default Same Problem. Need help getting it fixed !

Hi,
I am having the same problem. My vehicle info is
2009 Chevy Imapla 3.5 LT
2G1WT57N791265542

How can I go about getting it fixed.

Thank you !
Old September 25th, 2017, 1:11 PM
CF Beginner

Need help with my girlfriends car. This Reduced power thing has happened multiple times and recently while she was on the highway.

2006 Malibu
vin 1G1ZT51F56F258267
Old September 25th, 2017, 11:22 PM
CF Beginner

Default Fixed mine

I spent a week looking for a rubbed wire. I found it. It was throwing a open circuit code and a few others. Follow the throttle body wire harness and look for bare spots to were it could be grounded out. I replaced throttle bodyand gas pedal. That didnt fix. I found where two wires in that harness were rubbed and grounding out causing my truck to pretty much shut off and throw a gazillion codes. But if it's throwing an open circuit it's the throttle body wires rubbing right beside motor.
Old October 2nd, 2017, 7:05 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2013 chevy impala

I have a 2013 Chevy impala that has only 77,000 miles. Recently the car started jumping gears and would sometimes take upto 7 seconds of pedaling gas to start moving. 2 days ago I had check stabilitrack and service traction control and engine reduced power pop up on the screen. I got it checked and local gm had no idea what the issue was and was tryna get me to change tires which are brand new etc that has nothing to do with this issue. They simply said we can't help you with this issue. Just now about 20 mins ago because of my engine reducing power on a major highway I got into an accident and almost lost my life because of Chevy. It's time we come together and file a lawsuit against Chevy because it's not only my car this problem is happening with its happening to everyone and they have no solutions neither to they give a **** about our safety. If there was someone in the backseat of my car they would of ****ing died. Chevy needs to either go out of business or step upto the plate. They claim to be the most awarded car of the year and the safest. Everyone pm me I'm going into city tomorrow and hiring an attorney.
Old October 2nd, 2017, 7:38 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bilal Hussain
I have a 2013 Chevy impala that has only 77,000 miles. Recently the car started jumping gears and would sometimes take upto 7 seconds of pedaling gas to start moving. 2 days ago I had check stabilitrack and service traction control and engine reduced power pop up on the screen. I got it checked and local gm had no idea what the issue was and was tryna get me to change tires which are brand new etc that has nothing to do with this issue. They simply said we can't help you with this issue. Just now about 20 mins ago because of my engine reducing power on a major highway I got into an accident and almost lost my life because of Chevy. It's time we come together and file a lawsuit against Chevy because it's not only my car this problem is happening with its happening to everyone and they have no solutions neither to they give a **** about our safety. If there was someone in the backseat of my car they would of ****ing died. Chevy needs to either go out of business or step upto the plate. They claim to be the most awarded car of the year and the safest. Everyone pm me I'm going into city tomorrow and hiring an attorney.
Good luck, but nothing will happen...
Old October 18th, 2017, 11:27 AM
CF Beginner

Im having the same problem on my 2008 tahoe..
Old November 5th, 2017, 6:45 PM
CF Beginner

Question How to get recall letter

We have a 2009 Chevy Impala and ours will have the engine light , reduced engine power and traction control come on at the same time.what do we do
Old December 22nd, 2017, 9:16 PM
CF Beginner

Default Recall?

Can I still get my vehicle fixed under this warranty?
Old December 23rd, 2017, 4:15 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Colina Hill
Can I still get my vehicle fixed under this warranty?
Ummm maybe. check with a dealer

Quick Reply: Finally! a recall on the traction control,stabilitrack, throttle shut down problem!!