Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Finally! a recall on the traction control,stabilitrack, throttle shut down problem!!

Search this Thread

Old April 1st, 2018, 9:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same issue

I bought this car in December 2017 and have had several issues the the traction control and stabiltrak which have not been resolved going to the dealer. Fixed 2 times and took it back 2 more times. However every time I take it back the lights go off so the don’t see anything wrongs. Has happened a legitimate 20 or more times especially on the highway
Old April 9th, 2018, 10:16 PM
CF Beginner

Default Heat issue

Originally Posted by Jayme Brewer
I had the same problem. Engine light popped on while driving along with stabiltrak, reduced power and traction control notifications. When.that happened I could not use my remote start. It would click like it was going o start but wouldn't. The light went off after a couple days as well as the service notifications and my remote start began working again. Should I still get it checked or is it possible for the issue to fix itself? I just bought my impala about a month ago from my dad. He took very good care of it and said that never happened while they drove it. Am I still eligible for the recall if needed?
I am also having trouble with the heat blowing cold as soon as I take pressure off the accelerator. If I'm idle I can rev rpms and get it warm again but accelerator must have pressure to blow got. I have kids and since we have had super freezing temps lately it has become a nuisance when they don't want to run in the store with me bc it gets so cold so fast and I don't allow them to push the gas so I haven't told them the trick. Even just letting up while traveling down a hill causes heat to blow cold. Suggestions on possible iissues or fixes appreciated.
Your heat going in and out is because your coolant /antifreeze is low.
Old August 20th, 2018, 9:17 AM
CF Beginner

I have 2011 Chevy Impala with 80,000 miles. When we first bought the car we had the traction control stabilitrack check engine light problem twice. Both times it was covered under the extended warranty. Now it's happened for the third time. Does anyone know if the recall is still in effect?
Old August 22nd, 2018, 9:08 AM
CF Beginner

Default Special Coverage Adjustment

Hi All,
After extensive research I've found a couple General Motors Special Coverage Adjustment that have been issued for most of the throttle problems. If you try to find it under recall there is not one. The dealer even told me there were no recalls on my car. There are two different coverage adjustments: 14582 for throttle body - reduced power mode and the other is 14636 to replace the accelerator pedal assembly. The restrictions are you are must be no older than 10 years and the mileage not over 120,000 miles. There a quite a few cars that can be repaired under these coverage adjustments. It must be repaired at a dealer and there is to be no cost and they should also have a loaner for you as well, according to the coverage. Just google General Motors Special Coverage Adjustment with either number and it will come up. Unfortunately, if you have already had the repairs done I believe the reimbursement date has expired. Hope this helps someone.
Old September 11th, 2018, 10:49 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same problem

I have 2003 Tahoe with the same problem for years now. Two throttle body's new plug and new pedal position sensor still have the same problem. Any help here?
Old September 19th, 2018, 2:22 PM
CF Beginner

Default Is there a recall on Engine Reduce Power Traction and Stablitraction?

Is there a recall on Engine Reduce Power Traction and Stablitraction? I wasn't aware of this. If so, will this involve all the sensors connected to the PCM -Power train Control Module/Sensors, Transmission Control Module/Sensors, including Throttle Body Control Module/Sensors and everything related? My 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT VIN:1GCNCPEA4CZ308960 with 35060 miles had been giving me the best of troubles. Freeland Chevrolet in Antioch, TN. 615-731-3020 service department told me that the replacement for the original battery was required to read the codes from the vehicle. With that done the codes were gone. Duh. Still Traction and Stablitraction with Engine Reduce Power kept appearing later. Sensors were checked and no indication of failure on all the Sensors. Suggested advice was to replace the PCM. Can the PCM be checked alone from the vehicle to determine if the PCM is faulty or in good condition at a Chevrolet Dealership Service Department? Someone Please Let Me Know. I'm​ already Several hundred Dollars in for Service and Towing. I need Help and Response from Someone at Chevrolet Customer Service Rep. If there is a recall when will I receive my recall letter. Thanks, James R.

Last edited by GMlemoncake; September 19th, 2018 at 4:07 PM. Reason: Including phone number to Dealership and milage to the 2012 Silverado LT 1500
Old September 20th, 2018, 4:00 AM
CF Beginner

Default Questions on Finall! a recall on traction control, stabilitrack, throttle shut down p

Just trying to learn something in this school.
Your vehicle was a 2010 Impala, O.K. Did you buy it new or used from GM dealership​ or any car lot, an acquaintance, friend or relative? During your ownership of the vehicle did you ever receive any direct mailing from dealerships with invitations to trade your vehicle in for a newer model? Did the invitations stop before the vehicle started having problems? Approximately when did your troubles start? How long was it between the troubles starting and contact established with Chevrolet/GM about the problems? Did you file a report to the Federal Trade Commission and/or National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Was the recall letter that you received was due to a TSB notice. Contact the BBB? As a last resort, ever spoke to a consumer product attorney?
Old October 1st, 2018, 7:20 PM
CF Beginner

Default Question??

Originally Posted by cmont57
Hi All,
After extensive research I've found a couple General Motors Special Coverage Adjustment that have been issued for most of the throttle problems. If you try to find it under recall there is not one. The dealer even told me there were no recalls on my car. There are two different coverage adjustments: 14582 for throttle body - reduced power mode and the other is 14636 to replace the accelerator pedal assembly. The restrictions are you are must be no older than 10 years and the mileage not over 120,000 miles. There a quite a few cars that can be repaired under these coverage adjustments. It must be repaired at a dealer and there is to be no cost and they should also have a loaner for you as well, according to the coverage. Just google General Motors Special Coverage Adjustment with either number and it will come up. Unfortunately, if you have already had the repairs done I believe the reimbursement date has expired. Hope this helps someone.
So if your car has over 120,000 they won't fix it?
Old November 12th, 2018, 11:47 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2010 Chevy Impala Recall & Fustrated

My car has almost 68k miles,
Now it broke down on Halloween making Horrible metal on metal grinding noise,
paid $300 to replace cv axle my sister drove 20miles to me Fine no issues well i drive half mile and all starts again!! I had to pay for ANOTHER ToW, i can't afford All this, i haven't had transportation to do anything and by time someone figures out im gonna be Homeless and with no job,, smh
This car was purchased new from chevy dealer why am i not getting better help from chevy
Old December 23rd, 2018, 9:08 PM
CF Beginner

Default Recall still in affect

Originally Posted by JimK
Finally, I received a recall letter today from Chevy on the Service Traction Control, Service Stabilitrack, Engine power reduced problem. They claim it's a bad solder connection. They are offering to reimburse if you already had repairs done. They're also giving extended protection for 10 yrs./120,000 miles.
So, watch for your letter. If you don't get one, the return address on mine is
Chevrolet
P.O. Box 909989
Milwaukee, WI 53209-9989

My car is a 2010 Impala

I have a 2011 Equinox and the Service Traction Control came on when I was on the highway. Scared the heck out of me. The Stabilitrack and Reduced Engine power engaged and I thought I was going to crash. I'm hoping that this recall is still in affect. Can someone please let me know.

Quick Reply: Finally! a recall on the traction control,stabilitrack, throttle shut down problem!!