Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Finally! a recall on the traction control,stabilitrack, throttle shut down problem!!

Search this Thread

Old February 12th, 2019, 11:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership said recall had expired. Power reduction message

Originally Posted by chevrolet customer service
hi jimk,

please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, jimk. If needed we'll gladly go over any details concerning recalls for your vehicle.

Amber n.
Chevrolet customer care
Spoiler

Old March 19th, 2019, 12:01 PM
CF Beginner

I purchased a used 2008 Chevy Impala and was sent a recall notice for a transmission issue and one for the Service Traction Control, Engine power reduced problem. I took my car to my local Chevy dealer in Canandaigua NY and was told they were expired and nothing could be done. I was told by a mechanic that just charged me $500 to replace a throttle body sensor (which is what the code showed for reduced engine power) that they don't expire and it should have been handled at the dealership for free. The work was done in February and I just got the same message today for reduced engine power. My car is at the shop now and I am waiting to hear how much more money this will cost me that I don't have. I want to know if the dealership should be handling this or at the very least reimbursing me for the cost of a recall.
Old April 5th, 2019, 7:07 PM
CF Beginner

Default No recall found

My daughter has the same car with the same issues but our local gm dealer said there wasn't a recall shown.
Any help would be appreciated
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi JimK,

Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, JimK. If needed we'll gladly go over any details concerning recalls for your vehicle.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old April 7th, 2019, 10:21 AM
CF Beginner

I went to the Chevy dealer and was told it wasn't considered a recall but was listed as a safety issue. If you have them look it up with the wording safety warranty issue they should be able to find it. Don't leave until they help you. I was told mine was over the mileage allowed which I think is total crap since I bought it already over what the allowance was. It's not my fault that the dealership who had the car didn't take care of the issue before selling it.
Old July 6th, 2019, 8:25 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by JimK
Finally, I received a recall letter today from Chevy on the Service Traction Control, Service Stabilitrack, Engine power reduced problem. They claim it's a bad solder connection. They are offering to reimburse if you already had repairs done. They're also giving extended protection for 10 yrs./120,000 miles.
So, watch for your letter. If you don't get one, the return address on mine is
Chevrolet
P.O. Box 909989
Milwaukee, WI 53209-9989

My car is a 2010 Impala

My car is a 2011 impala and I’m having this same problem
Old August 8th, 2019, 1:31 PM
CF Beginner

I have had the exact same problem with my 2014 Chevrolet Impala Lt, 3 times, it happened again today and I am taking it to Firestone tomorrow. Why haven't I been sent a recall notice?
Old August 14th, 2019, 1:04 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi JimK,

Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, JimK. If needed we'll gladly go over any details concerning recalls for your vehicle.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I'm curious if this recall was issued in Canada. I bought a 2010 Impala last year, and in the last few days I have had the Service Stabilitrack, Service traction control, and service brake assist message go off on my car. I am planning on taking my car in to my dealership this Friday, but would love to know if this is a recall issue ahead of time.

Thank you
Old August 23rd, 2019, 2:00 AM
CF Junior Member

Is this still good for an Impala SS with 140,000 miles?
Old September 14th, 2019, 5:52 PM
CF Beginner

My 2008 Impala had an occasional ( 3 or 4 times a year) issue with the traction control warning lamp / reduced power condition. I was always able to clear it by pulling over and restarting the vehicle. Finally I got a code reader that indicated a possible accelerator pedal sensor fault.

Seems there are two sensors in the accelerator pedal for redundancy, and a fault can be set if the output from the two differ by more than X% for a certain number of seconds. With the code reader live data I was able to see a brief divergence in the two sensor outputs.

I decided that there could be an poor/intermittent electrical connection on the pedal sensor, so I: took the pedal out (easy to do); put a very slight bend on the pins to try to create better contact; and filled the connector with die-electric grease before re-installation. I've had no issues since.

I did receive a notice from GM Canada about a campaign (not a recall), but by that time my vehicle had gone over the 160,000 km (or thereabouts) limit that they had set.
Old December 1st, 2019, 11:20 AM
YOU
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power engine reduced

Hi !
i am having power engine reduced on my cruze 2015 diesel (107000 kms). since a week. In Canada.
and i am wondring if it will be covered by GM to be fixed ?
thanks
The following users liked this post:
Ckellogg (December 4th, 2019)

Quick Reply: Finally! a recall on the traction control,stabilitrack, throttle shut down problem!!