Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Finally! a recall on the traction control,stabilitrack, throttle shut down problem!!

Old December 27th, 2017, 6:36 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Chevrolet impala issues

I bought a Chevrolet impala police less than a year ago. I did buy it used. I have had issue after issue with it. Alternator has gone out twice, issue with the pressure line for the power steering, heat keeps going out, now my check engine light has come on and the dash is telling me the engine power has been reduced. I am a single mom of three I can't afford what I have already had to replace on the car as it is its really stressing me out and I'm not sure what I should do.
Old December 29th, 2017, 3:40 PM
CF Beginner

My daughter is experiencing throttle problems also in her 2014 Impala limited only to have Chevy tell her that she is not covered under warranty. She drives an interstate with a small child and the speed drops to 20mph going down the interstate leaving her with nothing to do. She doesn't have the money to pay for the repair. What a shame that Chevy knows this is a problem and will not fix. Are they not worried about accidents? These cars can not be driven. My son had the same issue on the interstate. He could not drive the car and had his hauled in to have the garage say he was covered (Buick Regal). Come on Chevy. Do you not have a heart to admit trouble in all these cars.
Old December 29th, 2017, 3:42 PM
CF Beginner

My daughter is in the same boat. It is easy for companies to say take the car in for diagnosis but who can even come up with the constant $90 fee just for that let alone the repairs.
Old January 18th, 2018, 11:13 AM
CF Beginner

Default Same Problem

How about a 2008 impala with 119,697 miles? VIN # 2G1WU583989225974.

Loss of power and stability trac/traction control light comes on.
Old January 20th, 2018, 1:51 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by jaltongallo
the bad solder connection on what device or sensor??
Have you received an answer on where the solder location?
Old January 21st, 2018, 12:33 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi JimK,

Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, JimK. If needed we'll gladly go over any details concerning recalls for your vehicle.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Is there any recall information on the 2013? Mine is doing this right now and I am trying to fix it.
Old February 9th, 2018, 8:18 PM
CF Beginner

I had the same problem. Engine light popped on while driving along with stabiltrak, reduced power and traction control notifications. When.that happened I could not use my remote start. It would click like it was going o start but wouldn't. The light went off after a couple days as well as the service notifications and my remote start began working again. Should I still get it checked or is it possible for the issue to fix itself? I just bought my impala about a month ago from my dad. He took very good care of it and said that never happened while they drove it. Am I still eligible for the recall if needed?
I am also having trouble with the heat blowing cold as soon as I take pressure off the accelerator. If I'm idle I can rev rpms and get it warm again but accelerator must have pressure to blow got. I have kids and since we have had super freezing temps lately it has become a nuisance when they don't want to run in the store with me bc it gets so cold so fast and I don't allow them to push the gas so I haven't told them the trick. Even just letting up while traveling down a hill causes heat to blow cold. Suggestions on possible iissues or fixes appreciated.
Old February 22nd, 2018, 10:41 AM
CF Beginner

I have the same problems with a 2010 Impala. Chev dealership confirmed throttle assembly needed to be replaced, but Chev would not cover it. They say there is an extended warranty up to 120k, but that is only on select VIN#'s is what I was told from Chev rep. I have not seen any recall on this as someone else had mentioned in the forum. I also was almost in an accident due to the car shutting off on the freeway. What I don't understand is they won't correct a known problem that is dangerous, but will do an ignition recall to add a key ring to the key. Confused ???? Probably the last time I buy a Chev
Old March 14th, 2018, 12:27 PM
CF Beginner

Hello,

I have a 2010 Chevy Malibu and I having the same issue with my vehicle. How can I find out if my vin # is part of this recall?
Old March 14th, 2018, 3:52 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Gwen Coleman
Hello,

I have a 2010 Chevy Malibu and I having the same issue with my vehicle. How can I find out if my vin # is part of this recall?
Funny thing is they wouldn't tell me that. Probably have to contact GM. I purchased the accelerator pedal assembly and had a local mechanic install it. Fixed problem. Very simple. $70.00 online. Chevrolet is cheap. I won't buy another. Good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally! a recall on the traction control,stabilitrack, throttle shut down problem!!