Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Help needed

Search this Thread

Old October 7th, 2019, 7:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed

I got a 2006 Impala LTZ and brought a brand new battery, alternator, and starter and the drainage in my car still cannot be found. I dont have any other ideas of what can cause it its soo stressful once i turn my car off and let it sit for about a hour it will go dead, i unhooked my speaker system and that wasnt the reason of the drainage either idk if i should get my fuses checked or what i just dont know PLEASE SOMEONE HELP
Old October 11th, 2019, 6:50 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Jam062700. Those parasitic current draw problems can be a real pain to get taken care of. I had that happen to me with 3 of my vehicles. With my camaro, I found the problem by chance, when I went out to start the car in the morning to go to work, the whole car was covered with frost except for one corner where the trunk light was. The switch was defective and running the battery down. A new light assembly got rid of the problem. With my Tahoe, luckily it was under warranty as it was the instrument cluster drawing the battery down. On mt Volt, onstar was staying awake drawing down the 12 V battery. Pulling the fuse for onstar, waiting, then putting the fuse back in reset the module. Searching online I found a lot of information on parasitic battery draw. I found this on with steps to try. https://www.wikihow.com/Find-a-Parasitic-Battery-Drain