Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

oil drain plug for 2006 impala

Search this Thread

Old January 7th, 2010, 4:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil drain plug for 2006 impala

where is the oil drain plug located? i know its under the motor, but where and which bolt?
Old January 7th, 2010, 9:03 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is the only bolt in the bottom of the oil pan. I am not trying to be mean or anything however if you have to ask this question you really should not touch it.
Old January 19th, 2010, 8:04 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by MDTAHOE
It is the only bolt in the bottom of the oil pan. I am not trying to be mean or anything however if you have to ask this question you really should not touch it.
He can't do any worse than Valvoline.

Quick Story: Went to change my oil before a camping trip on my '92 Suburban. Valvoline greeter (for lack of a better word) informed me of an extra charge of $3 because my truck takes 6 quarts. I argued with him saying it's only 5. I know how much oil my truck takes! They changed the oil; I go home and hook up the camper. After I get about 35 miles away the truck starts smoking badly. I pull it over and oil had somehow blew through the exhaust and sprayed the side of my camper, (that I just meticiously waxed & washed.) They had put 6 quarts of oil in it! I was just about at the campground, so I unhooked the trailer at the site. I had to buy $12 in tools because I wasn't expecting to pull the oil plug. I cut an empty gallon of milk in half, pulled the plug and let loose about a quart worth. Oil is all running down my arm, I'm making a mess in the parking lot. I ruined a shirt. Then I spend a half of a day cleaning the oil off the side of my camper. Valvoline ruined a good day of vacation. I was screaming at the manager over the phone. He said the best he could do is refund my oil change and give me a free voucher for next time. I told him there was no way in hell they would ever touch any of my vehicles ever again. They could send me 50 free vouchers. I think the oil damaged the exhaust. The truck didn't have as much power as before. I had to buy a newer truck. I tell everyone to pass on by and find someplace else.
Old January 19th, 2010, 5:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol..thats messed up... you probably could have sued them or sumthiing over that...i go to "oil connection" here it use to be valvoline.. alwys do a good job with my vehicals
Old January 20th, 2010, 8:44 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by gotstylez
lol..thats messed up... you probably could have sued them or sumthiing over that...i go to "oil connection" here it use to be valvoline.. alwys do a good job with my vehicals
If it was a newer truck, maybe. On a 16 year old vehicle, it would be hard to prove an oil change did damage. I didn't notice it running weaker until I towed with it a few times later several months later.

I tried to get Valvoline to pay for a mechanic to look at it. It was running weaker, so I figured oil might have clogged up the catalatic convertor or the muffler. I was just ticked off they simply offered a voucher for a free oil change. I told him where he could stick that voucher.
Old January 20th, 2010, 2:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh okay lol i thought it was a newer truck