Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Our new car doesn't talk to us :(

Search this Thread

Old August 14th, 2012, 1:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Our new car doesn't talk to us :(

We just got a Chevy Impala 2010 LT... I... Never having a vehicle with any kind of voice recognition, am completely lost. I thought it would be cool to pair my Droid 4 with the new car and see how the Bluetooth feature works, and when I hold down the phone button, the car doesn't respond. Actually, we've never heard it say anything. Is there something that needs to be enabled somewhere?

MaDjiCA in Michigan
Old August 15th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by madjica
We just got a Chevy Impala 2010 LT... I... Never having a vehicle with any kind of voice recognition, am completely lost. I thought it would be cool to pair my Droid 4 with the new car and see how the Bluetooth feature works, and when I hold down the phone button, the car doesn't respond. Actually, we've never heard it say anything. Is there something that needs to be enabled somewhere?

MaDjiCA in Michigan
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I am curious if your phone has the Bluetooth feature. Would you please provide the last 8-digits of your VIN, so I can look into this further for you?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old August 15th, 2012, 12:57 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Do you have an owners manual?
Old August 18th, 2012, 6:37 PM
CF Beginner

Default To GM Customer Service

The last 8 of the VIN are : A125 0727 . I would really appreciate if you could check it.

When we talked to our salesman, he thought it was. He said that he would call us after he checked but never called. Another salesman did say that the buttons on the steering wheel were just Mute and Un-Mute since it wasn't Bluetooth enabled. I'm actually really disappointed because the car doesn't come with all the features that are meantioned in the manual. That would have been a great feature that would have been used a lot if our car had it.

MaDjiCA in Michigan... Now AKA Sad in South Lansing...
Old August 18th, 2012, 6:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default To GM Customer Service

Also... yes... My phone is Bluetooth enabled. I have a Droid 4 and have used a Bluetooth with it before. Just got my Droid in May.
Old August 20th, 2012, 3:25 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by madjica
The last 8 of the VIN are : A125 0727 . I would really appreciate if you could check it.

When we talked to our salesman, he thought it was. He said that he would call us after he checked but never called. Another salesman did say that the buttons on the steering wheel were just Mute and Un-Mute since it wasn't Bluetooth enabled. I'm actually really disappointed because the car doesn't come with all the features that are meantioned in the manual. That would have been a great feature that would have been used a lot if our car had it.

MaDjiCA in Michigan... Now AKA Sad in South Lansing...
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> First off, let me apologize. I meant to say I was curious if your car had the Bluetooth feature.

Thank you for providing your VIN. After researching your vehicle, it appears as though your vehicle does not have the Bluetooth feature. Your vehicle was originally purchased as a rental vehicle. Many times, when fleet vehicles are ordered, specific features like Bluetooth are deleted.

I'm sorry, but based on the VIN you provided; your vehicle does not include the Bluetooth feature, thus the reason why the vehicle is not responding. It may be possible to add the Bluetooth functionality; however, you would have to add an aftermarket device. If interested, I encourage you to contact your dealer for additional assistance.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old August 24th, 2012, 9:20 AM
CF Beginner

Default Another Does my car have bluetooth request

last 8 of my VIN C1239548 2012 Impala LT

The car seems to have the buttons on the steering wheel, but as yet I have not found any voice commands active.

Thanks

DageezerUS
Old August 28th, 2012, 3:21 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by dageezerus
last 8 of my VIN C1239548 2012 Impala LT

The car seems to have the buttons on the steering wheel, but as yet I have not found any voice commands active.

Thanks

DageezerUS
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> dageezerus,

Thank you for providing the last 8-digits of your VIN. Based on the VIN provided, the vehicle does not have the Bluetooth feature. As with the previous forum member, your vehicle was a rental vehicle. In many cases, the feature is ordered without the feature.

If you are interested in adding the feature, I encourage you to consult with your local dealer for additional assistance.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old September 9th, 2012, 6:29 AM
CF Beginner

Just a heads up guys.... If Bluetooth is a big issue for you (as it is for many, myself included), you can always go aftermarket. In the end it comes out costing the same or even less than having a dealer install the option for you and with an aftermarket stereo, your music will sound sooooooo much better!!! That last part will probably only appeal to audiophiles like me, but still.... And you can get a pretty decent aftermarket head unit with Bluetooth for as little as 200-250 bucks, or more depending on what other features you'd want.... If yu have any other questions or wanna talk more about your options, feel free to MSG me!!!