Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Problems with A/C

Search this Thread

Old June 8th, 2009, 1:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with A/C

My '06 Impala has an issue switching from circulating air to fresh air. The flap that switches back and forth makes a continuous clicking noise when trying to switch from circulating back to fresh/outside air. However from fresh air to circulating air there is no problem. The clicking usually last anywhere from 15-30 seconds with about 2 clicks per second then it will finally start pulling outside air. Could it be something is wrong with the flap, or is it a vacuum problem? I am not quite sure how this flap moves back and forth. I prefer to do all my own maintenance and would really love not to put the car in the shop for something small that they will charge a ton for.
Old June 15th, 2009, 12:54 PM
CF Beginner

Default AC issues

I just started to hear the click in noise yesterday and it doesn't happen all the time so far. I have a 07 monte carlo Lt. did u ever found out what caused it and how to repair it? If so please let me know.

Thank You
Old June 16th, 2009, 11:19 AM
CF Beginner

Default Ac issues

I actually called a chevy dealer yesterday and they informed me that it is a actuator valve. There are two in the impalas and monte carlos. He said one of them is a pain in the butt to get at and the other isn't so bad. We saw t parts on the internet yesterday pricing at around 30 dollars. I guess if you take it to a garage u r just going to be paying for the labor. If your car is under warranty they should just fix it. find out!