Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Traction/ABS message light

Search this Thread

Old August 31st, 2006, 1:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction/ABS message light

Our 2004 Impala (51K miles) displayed the traction warning light accompanied by the traction off light and the ABS light then went out. Dealer says the stored code of C1214. Quote says pump motor circuits are shorted to body of BPMV. Says traction and ABS are disabled.

Repair with parts and labor is $2,150.I am not car savvy at all beyond knowing where the gas goes. Can anyone explain to me what is going on here and why it would fail? Is cost reasonable?

Thanks
Bbur7
Old September 1st, 2006, 10:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traction/ABS message light

Hello,
I sent two emails by hitting the reply button when I recieved an email with your posting. Not sure if they were sent directly too you since I did not see them posted here.
I had a 2000 Impala with the same problem. The "Traction off" and "ABS" light would come on and stay on; only going off on occasion.
I remembered I had changed my brakes not long and had removed some of the brake fluid from the resevoir so it wouldn't over spill when pushing the pistons back into thier housings. I left the fluid level just around where the sensor is on the resevoir so while driving it was below the sensor and when it would spash over it turn the lights off. Once I topped it off the lights never came on again.
Check your fluid level wether you have done any brake work or not. Make sure it is above the sensor on the resevoir.
The code that was pulled could mean that a wire on the harness that connects to the BPMV (brakeing module) is shorting out or not making good contact or one of the solenoids went bad. Check rockauto.com for part # and Ebay for price
Also, I'm going to try to insert a link here that shows a diagram of the brake system. http://www.babcox.com/editorial/bf/bf60024.htm
Hope this helps,
David.