K5 Blazer 1969-1994
While this model ended its run, it is not uncommon to see them on the road or off, years after production end.
Platform: Truck, GMT 400

Got me some tranny problems any advice

Search this Thread

Old July 28th, 2013, 4:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got me some tranny problems any advice

Just put me a salvaged 4L80E automatic tranny in my 1994 6.5 blazer and when i put it in gear it does nothing. i stomp on the gas , almost redlining and it will budge forward or backward what ever gear im in. I don't know what this is? Maybe not enough tranny fluid in the torque converter maybe? i know the tranny is full of fluid. someone told me to let it idle in neutral and that will pump the converter full and i let it idle for and hour in neutral and that dnt help. any advice will be appreciated thanks!
Old July 28th, 2013, 5:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

either you got a bad trans or something went wrong during installation. Either way, the trans "gotsta" come out.

how reputable is your trans supplier? He will ask, how competent are your installation skills.

Last edited by tech2; July 28th, 2013 at 5:53 PM.
Old July 29th, 2013, 12:46 AM
CF Beginner

got darn it! i bought the tranny of ebay for about 800 bucks. installation went perfect took our time putting it in making sure the converter spun perfect and all. but i was too much in a hurry to see if it had enough fluid in it. ima take it off tomorrow and check it im hoping thats my problem. im only 18 , i know a little bit bout mechanics for my age. its my dads truck but he dont have enough money to fix it so im draining mine it to make him happy . id rather dump my hard earned money in then see the dream goto the scrap yard.. im hoping it aint shot wish me luck!
Old June 24th, 2014, 12:48 AM
CF Beginner

Default tranny/transfer case issues

My turbo 350 and NP 205 are sharing tranny fluid...is this normal?? I pulled the drain plug off the transfer case and tranny fluid came pouring out! I pulled the transfer case out, which was a pain in the *** when you do it laying on your back........and replaced the seal and it still doing it! Visit supposed to??
Old June 24th, 2014, 12:51 AM
CF Beginner

When you put the tranny in did you align the two notches on the front pump? If not you probably broke the front pump and ...yes....the tranny is junk and must be replaced