Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2007 Chevrolet Malibu won't start - Just displays warning lights

Search this Thread

Old November 24th, 2023, 10:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Chevrolet Malibu won't start - Just displays warning lights

So very long story short, this car has been acting up for quite some time and often wouldn't start. But there was always a method to get it started, usually getting in locking it until it honked a few times then putting the keys in and starting it. Seemed like a security system issue even though the lot didn't really come on. Anyhow now this is stopped. I think actually the key fob has died and don't have easy access to another. Took it to a dealer and they replaced the battery and said it started 12 times but then refuse to anymore. I worked on today for about 30 minutes unhooking the battery and such with no luck. The dealership wanted to order a PCM but couldn't guarantee a fix and is going to be 1500. I found that I could order a programmed ECU for it for about 200 bucks online. So mainly trying to get it home without having to pay a huge amount to have it towed there. I'm going to post pictures of what the dash looks like when trying to start. When you turn to the accessory you can hear what sounds like the fuel pump engaging and/or starter. But when you crank nothing at all happens. It doesn't try to crank her anything. And this is how it's always been. When it actually does go it just starts up. You do have to give it a little gas when it starts or it wants to die. But then it runs after that. Sometimes it really goes funky when you're going down the road beeps a couple of times and all the gauges stopped working and also the AC shuts off. It does seem like a lot of issue so maybe the PCM is it.

But does anyone have any ideas, especially at least getting it started wants to get it home?

Thanks in advance for any help.