Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2010, Malibu LTZ instrument Cluster Dead

Search this Thread

Old August 9th, 2022, 10:06 PM
tej
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010, Malibu LTZ instrument Cluster Dead

I've had this problem over the last year that to this day I've not been able to figure out. Occasionally, my instrument cluster will go almost entirely blank. No gauges, only lights I get are the engine light (when starting) and the lock light. I've noticed it would happen whenever the car has been sitting, usually when it's either very cold or very humid outside. The only fix ive gotten so far is if i disconnect the battery for a few minutes and then reconnect it. One time it came on shortly after turning the car on. The lights on the shifter showing which gear I'm in also go out when this happens so I'm assuming it's some electrical issue pertaining to both those and the IC. I've not found any information anywhere and am trying to figure out if there is a diy fix for this or if I need to take it to a shop. I've attached a picture of the IC when im turning on the vehicle so you can see what I've got. It's slightly blurry but you can see the important stuff.

Unfortunately it won't let me post a video.