Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2010 Malibu not draining out the drain tube

Search this Thread

Old September 11th, 2011, 2:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Malibu not draining out the drain tube

Ive' read on the forum of issues with new Malibu's leaking water into the interior from the evaporator drain tube. My issue is water used to come out the drain tube and now is not and we are starting to get the moldy smell coming out the vents. I've pulled back the heat shield and run both a straw and larger zip ties (11inch) up the tube but still not getting any water to come out. Any ideas as to what may be getting in the way on the inside?
Old September 11th, 2011, 3:54 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Probably something further up than 11", and more than likley at the pan.
Old September 12th, 2011, 8:19 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Garmon1

I agree with kevinkpk. I would contact your dealership and have them check it out. They will be able to find out where the issue is coming from and repair it for you. Keep us updated and let us know how it goes.
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old September 14th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Banned

Angry

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Garmon1

I agree with kevinkpk. I would contact your dealership and have them check it out. They will be able to find out where the issue is coming from and repair it for you. Keep us updated and let us know how it goes.
Breanne
Not the O/P's goal to go to any dealer.One more time as a example of this poster not knowing how to answer a post on this forum.Please explain if there is a service bulletin from GM as you are posing as "Chevrolet Customer Service". Got me wondering if Chevy is aware of your activity on this site.I am fed up with this and I am one call away from finding out the truth.

So Sir/Mam-please explain to all the members of this forum HOW do you have the authority to pose as a rep for Chevrolet Customer Service??. Time to fess up with the TRUTH.
Old September 15th, 2011, 9:12 AM
Official GM Rep

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I apologize for the confusion; our service bulletins are only for our service staff. I am part of a special team that is tasked with engaging with GM customer concerns on facebook, twitter and a number of forums. More information can be found out about us at the following link: IndustryWeek : Social Media Becoming a Customer-Service Tool for Automakers
Breanne
Old September 15th, 2011, 9:38 AM
CF Monarch

I apologize for the confusion; our service bulletins are only for our service staff. I am part of a special team that is tasked with engaging with GM customer concerns on facebook, twitter and a number of forums. More information can be found out about us at the following link: IndustryWeek : Social Media Becoming a Customer-Service Tool for Automakers
Breanne
I think what T.Neff is saying, this bulletin board is for people to try to keep from going to the dealer. I concur with that. I don't know alot about the "newer" cars, but I have to deal with a 96 lumina as my daily driver. it has alot of problems,. and EVERYONE is a result of **** poor engineering or intentional (IMO) cheap products as to have the consumer buy from the dealer or have to take the vehical back to the dealer. I have a 42 year old car with 175K on it, and I still drive it. If GM really wants to show true "Amercanism" it would build a better product, but then it would loose its after market sales. Most of the issues are with electronic this or that, those such as emissions, anti-theft are mandated by congress, but I wonder what group lobbied for that?
Old September 15th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Banned

Unhappy

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I apologize for the confusion; our service bulletins are only for our service staff. I am part of a special team that is tasked with engaging with GM customer concerns on facebook, twitter and a number of forums. More information can be found out about us at the following link: IndustryWeek : Social Media Becoming a Customer-Service Tool for Automakers
Breanne
I am a bottom line kind of guy.Does the Chevrolet Corp know of your use of their name sake as a arm of Chevrolet Customer Service??. Your posts has left more than enough evidence to copy and forward to them to be verified.

This forum as ones like it are for the sole support of repair your own vehicles.Anyone with a ounce of logic can on their own deduce how and when to take a vehicle into a dealership.Unless you contribute towards the goal of self repairs,I do not see any value your adding to the forum.In fact it is right on the edge of Spam.

Looked at the supplied link.Nothing there to validates your relationship to Chevy.Nothing at all.............

Last edited by T.Neff; September 15th, 2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old September 15th, 2011, 1:25 PM
Official GM Rep

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> T.Neff,
I apologize for your frustrations and yes, Chevrolet is fully aware of our involvement with this website. When joining a forum as Customer Service for any company or corporation, the forum moderators verify the identity of the account holder. If you don’t trust that I am from Chevrolet Customer Service I would recommend speaking with the moderator. We are present on over 90 forums (such as Edmunds, Chevyforum, Camaro5 etc.), Facebook/ Twitter Pages (GM, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC etc.). I understand many people on these forums are fixing their vehicle themselves; however, for GM Customer Assistance to help we must have the vehicle diagnosed at a GM dealer. GM dealers are contracted with GM to be our eyes in the field. I apologize for any confusion I have caused you. If you have any further questions comments or concerns feel free to message me. Have a great weekend!
Breanne
Old September 15th, 2011, 2:03 PM
Banned

The repairs/mods done on any of the forums you have listed is based of the experience of it's members and not a diagnostic of a Chevy dealer.That is the cornerstone of all the forums which in many,many cases works very well.

PM or post the Chevy corp contact info.From what I am told your green light here came from a Admin that is no longer active on this site.To what extent the green light agreement was is in question and if now that agreement is being adhere to.I question you on that because I can't imagine a Admin of a site like this approving your activity given that fact it undermines the goal of this site.

Having surfed sites helping members for yrs this isn't the first time I have spoken out for members about strange or erroneous claims.It's in the rock provable fact that makes it or not.
Old September 15th, 2011, 2:28 PM
CF Monarch

I don't know why I am even posting, but, I think the chevrolet customer service gals would be better at a service by providing assitance with vin's or service bulletins. As T. Neff stated the poster knows when to take it to the dealer, thats not IMO the purpose of this BB. I am on long term medical due to 41 years of wrenching, and have too much time on my hand(s). As far as service bulletins go, I call BS. My company issue these on as need basis to its customers. This isn't slamming the chevrolet customer poster, but if that is indeed from Chevy or available as a "pay" item that is true BS.

Quick Reply: 2010 Malibu not draining out the drain tube