Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

99 Malibu 3.1 A/C problem

Search this Thread

Old April 7th, 2010, 11:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Malibu 3.1 A/C problem

Hi, all I am new been looking to join somewhere though. I have a 99 Malibu the A/C Hasn't been working for sometime now thought it needed recharged. My gauge is reading filled and the compressor clutch is not engaging tries to(you can hear it try) but doesn't and is not seized. Checked wiring relays fuses and for leaks(with dye) found nothing, door is closing but all this no cold air. Any ideas? thanks guys. Beging to think my compressor is shot but not seized??
Old April 16th, 2010, 5:24 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Co3Da
Hi, all I am new been looking to join somewhere though. I have a 99 Malibu the A/C Hasn't been working for sometime now thought it needed recharged. My gauge is reading filled and the compressor clutch is not engaging tries to(you can hear it try) but doesn't and is not seized. Checked wiring relays fuses and for leaks(with dye) found nothing, door is closing but all this no cold air. Any ideas? thanks guys. Beging to think my compressor is shot but not seized??

Have you tired by passing the A/C Switch, if it does engage could be a switch have you checked if the A/C coil is ok?