Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Ac compressor Malibu

Search this Thread

Old August 21st, 2021 | 1:54 PM
CF Beginner

Default Ac compressor Malibu

Greetings everyone,
​​​​​​My A/C compressor broke recently beyond repairing so I had to get a new one. Had it installed but the mechanic told me he couldn't finish the job because he noticed it was missing some type of connector that joins the two cables that come from the car to the ac compressor. (picture below for reference).

I've been looking like crazy for this past couple of days for the part and no one seem to find it. They told me to go to the junkyard but they don't have my car (2016 malibu premier 2.0 turbo).
​​​​​​Question is, does anyone know how exactly can I look for this part? (name) and if it would be convenient to get the part from the same model but different year? Ex: malibu 2017 premier or LT

Thanks in advance.

Old August 21st, 2021 | 10:07 PM
CF Monarch

Originally Posted by Alan95
Greetings everyone,
​​​​​​My A/C compressor broke recently beyond repairing so I had to get a new one. Had it installed but the mechanic told me he couldn't finish the job because he noticed it was missing some type of connector that joins the two cables that come from the car to the ac compressor. (picture below for reference).

I've been looking like crazy for this past couple of days for the part and no one seem to find it. They told me to go to the junkyard but they don't have my car (2016 malibu premier 2.0 turbo).
​​​​​​Question is, does anyone know how exactly can I look for this part? (name) and if it would be convenient to get the part from the same model but different year? Ex: malibu 2017 premier or LT

Thanks in advance.

Those wires don't look like anything that goes to the A/C compressor that I've ever seen.
Old August 21st, 2021 | 11:05 PM
Super Moderator

looks to me like the connector body is missing and all that is left is the pins. if you can't find a used connector in the bone yard, a gm dealer parts dept with have a connector repair kit.
Is you mechanic a backyarder? A shop should/would phone the dealer and get the kit. that is their job. When customers bring me parts I cringe; once a month it results in a vehicle torn apart, tying up a hoist waiting for the correct part. yeah, I'm bitter. lol
The following users liked this post:
oilcanhenry (August 22nd, 2021)