Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

serious help needed with 1999 chevy malibu

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2009, 2:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, so the arms the guy mentioned aren't a possibility? and the whole thing with the heater only working on 3 and 4 was a 1-night event, and that was back in jan. or feb. and it hasnt done it since. I won't bother replacing it unless it happens again. It mostly works really well. But I'm glad to see, if it does go bad, i know where to look now, so definitely thanks a bunch. I have to go to work soon so if i dont get it posted before work, I'll tell you if i can find anything about the AC pulley and all fi i can figure out where that is, either tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited by lexicondevil; May 8th, 2009 at 2:53 PM.
Old May 8th, 2009, 3:04 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you know what the a/c compressor is, then you are starring at the pulley. It's built on to the compressor. The compressor is right in your face when you open the hood. It's on the left side has 2 hoses running to it and it's cylinder shaped. The clutch is the pulley.
Old May 9th, 2009, 12:16 AM
CF Beginner

ok, i will look for that. i didnt have time today, with work and all, but i can hopefully check tomorrow afternoon when i get out. is that clutch/pulley part of the main belt's cycle, or is it on a different belt?
Old May 11th, 2009, 7:41 AM
Banned

The clutch is the pulley. Look at the picture. 1 is the hose I was talking about. It's a a/c line. 2 is the location of where the compressor is.
Attached Thumbnails serious help needed with 1999 chevy malibu-engine.jpg  
Old May 11th, 2009, 7:51 AM
Banned

Now this is just a general picture of a a/c compressor. This is not a malibu compressor. Basically they all pretty much look a like. The clutch is the pulley. The big shiney gold part. On your car it will not be gold but you get my point. You can see it's not an average looking pulley.

Old May 12th, 2009, 2:15 AM
CF Beginner

sorry i havent had the ability to use the net for a few days and have been exhausted from work. I havent gotten to check the pulley but i dont see a link, i'll look for it though.
Old May 12th, 2009, 8:27 AM
Banned

When you look at the compressor pulley. You see the front how it's shaped funny. That is the clutch. So the pulley itself will spin but that will not. As soon as you turn on the a/c that clutch will magnetically engage and begin to spin.