Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

1996 Lumina no power?

Search this Thread

Old June 21st, 2013, 11:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 Lumina no power?

Please bear with me as I explain. First car wouldn't start, it clicked like 3 times both times I turned the key, then I used my brothers car to go to work. Next day i tried to start it/listen, and it didn't make any noise. I thought/knew right away starter/solenoid well starter was tested at local AZ store and passed, so I put it back on, replaced the battery and it started. later that day I went shopping the car started fine at home and store. Today the car made a very weak chime sound, and 1.5 hours later after the storm it now makes no noise and has no power, no lights. I checked the 2 40a fuses ign switch #1 and #2 under the hood and both were good. now I am stuck at what else to try.

I am gonna mention this the car does have a remote starter, I pressed the button yesterday after installing the battery and it fired right up, and then the button got pressed after like a minute with the car running and I heard a sizzle/frying/electrical sound. I shut the car off, waited a minute and with a key I started the car and it started up. I went shopping hours later and it started twice, so I am getting a little frustrated

The battery connections at the battery and solenoid are tight, battery is fully charged.
Old June 25th, 2013, 9:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you had the alternator tested?

Have you checked for any exposed wiring?