New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Search this Thread

Old December 22nd, 2020, 11:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member

Hi everyone, new member here with a 2004 Tahoe Z71 that I've had for a little over two years now. I'll be honest, I've mainly registered here for help with vehicle specific issues that other "universal" forums aren't the best with. (They're mainly filled with Jeeps and Toyotas). But I hope I can be of some help in return as well.

I've owned 3 vehicles in my life and all have been Chevy's. Not necessarily because "die hard Chevy guy" but because they've checked all the boxes and were affordable.

First was a 1993 K1500 Blazer that I got in early 2012 when I was in college. In the summer of 2015 the oil pump failed and it sat in my parents garage for about two years when I ended up selling it.

After using my sister's car for a month or so I bought a 2015 Sonic RS 6mt and spent more money than reasonable on modifications over the next 3 years. It was fun at track days and autocrosses and dead reliable. I had to sell it when my roommates at the time (brothers) were moving out of state to a farm with their parents. I couldn't afford rent and two car payments at one time so the higher payment had to go

Finally we come to the Tahoe. I bought it in November 2018 because I wanted to get into overlanding and be able to tow the Sonic to track days because it was becoming very uncomfortable to drive for more than half an hour. It was owned by a soccer mom who definitely took care of it mechanically, judging by the quality of replacement parts. Like the Sonic I've been modifying this as well just much more slowly and don't plan on selling it any time soon

Old December 22nd, 2020, 11:50 AM
CF Monarch

Received 347 Likes on 328 Posts

Welcome from Florida.
Old December 28th, 2020, 2:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Hello and welcome to the site! Glad to have you join us. This forum really is a ton of help. With a little bit of research you can find an answer to all your questions. Enjoy your time here!
Old December 28th, 2020, 9:56 AM
Administrator

Received 159 Likes on 157 Posts

Welcome to the forum .