New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

New to the trucks

Search this Thread

Old September 30th, 2023, 9:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the trucks

Hey there everyone, I just joined this forum and figured I'd introduce myself. My names Wesley, living in Arkansas, and recently got my first truck. It's a 2001 sclb with the 4.8 and a few mods. I've been a gearhead for several years now, and have been on various different forums.

My last car was a c5 Corvette (again with some mods) and before that was actually several old Volvos (also modded out)

Now on to my truck. Again, it's a 2001 sclb with 4x4 and the 4.8 engine. I bought it a few months ago when a storm knocked a tree over onto my Corvette and totaled it out. Broke my heart, but I made money out of the deal even considering all the mods I did to it. It was a blast, but a little too flashy for me, so I was wanting something with a little more umph to it. Enter the rusted out 01. I bought the truck with 150k miles on the clock. Rusted out cab corners, rear fenders, and drivers side floor. Original spark plugs and wires, and a garbage tune. However, the truck does have a 4 inch lift on it sitting on 33's, and a sloppy stage 2 cam when I purchased it

At this point so far I've swapped the center console out for one from an 08, installed long tube headers, 3 inch y pipe, and a cheap cat back off eBay in 2.5". I've also added a cold air intake, swapped to the " better" ignition coils with the built in heat sink, and swapped in a 145 amp alternator. Definitely more to come with the truck as time allows

Don't be afraid to ask any questions!
Old October 1st, 2023, 6:49 AM
CF Monarch

Received 353 Likes on 334 Posts

Welcome from Florida. Good Luck with your new toy.
Old October 1st, 2023, 10:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you kindly! I've been enjoying it, and my girlfriend and 6 year old girl both prefer the old truck over the Corvette. Baffles me but at least we're all happy lol.
Old October 2nd, 2023, 10:24 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a fun truck.
Old October 2nd, 2023, 10:28 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Welcome to the Chevrolet Forum