New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Transmissions

Search this Thread

Old January 22nd, 2009, 11:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Transmissions

Hello,

I used to come on and help if I could, took a break. If I can with any drive line problem let me know. I have 12 yrs under my belt. Also at prsplayer35@yahoo.com
Old January 22nd, 2009, 1:14 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum!!! Experience will be appreciated.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 10:06 PM
CF Veteran

Really nice having you here. Expect you're familiar with the term "chuggle" or is this a figment of my immagination?

So what do you think of Dextron VI? Good thing I checked the dipstick. Does using other than DexVI really cause failure in newer vehicles?

You said ask questions.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 10:23 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome. I'm also a PRS player. Nice to have you aboard!
Old January 24th, 2009, 10:56 AM
CF Beginner

Default Thanks

Thanks for the welcome, if I can help just let me know. You are the first one I've met that also plays a PRS. Myself its the best guitar made,but thats my opinion. I also have a peavey, fender and an ibanaz. I like Evansblue also, good band. Thanks guys.
Old January 24th, 2009, 11:04 AM
CF Beginner

Default Hey again

Im not fimilar with the Dextron fluid. I don't think it causes failure in newer vehicles though. Just like Ford and Dodge, Chevrolet has their own manufacture problems, I don't we can blame the fluid. LOL, that one subject I used to get into arguments with people on here with and why I took a break, so I will keep my views of fluid to myself. Anything else though I will be glad to talk about if I can help, if I can't I have tech people like me that I can call. Thanks again.
Old January 27th, 2009, 11:35 PM
CF Veteran

Once again. What is the difference between Dextron VI and Dextron III transmission fluids. I've heard that some people mistakenly used Dextron III when changing fluid in their late model GM's (some 2006 and newer) and these transmissions failed because the older style/type fluid was used. Is this true and if so why?
Old January 28th, 2009, 7:39 AM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by transguy37
Thanks for the welcome, if I can help just let me know. You are the first one I've met that also plays a PRS. Myself its the best guitar made,but thats my opinion. I also have a peavey, fender and an ibanaz. I like Evansblue also, good band. Thanks guys.
I love my PRS. Its only an SE custom, but it has been hotrodded with a Tremonti treble, roller bridge, and bigger wire. I also have a SquierII strat, a Squier Black&Chrome hotrod, Ovation Celebrity DLX 12, Harmony Sovereign 6, Peavey Millenium 5-string bass. I play all of those through a Peavey Envoy 110, Behringer BXL 1800, and (hold your hat) a Peavey Valve King 100 head on a Windsor Cab.
You are the first one I have met that recognized the double meaning in my username! Evans is my last name, my Z28 is blue. Evans Blue is a post-grunge alternative band from Canada that is on the way to making it big (If their new singer is any good).
Cold(but I'm still here) used to be on my garage band's setlist when we had gigs (like 3 or 4 times in the last 2 years)
Old January 28th, 2009, 7:58 AM
CF Beginner

Oh wow, I feel an aggrument coming. Anyone feel free to let me have it after this cause I know the truth hurts some people. Here go, the only difference between Dextron lll and Dextron Vl is that they went fully synthetic with it to try to get more durability. My opinion, no Dextron lll will not cause a later model to fail if used. The reason, they are still using the same clutches in the transmssions and same computer strategies. PWM came out in 1995, so that's not new. The woven clutch in the torque converters came out around 96 or 97, so that's not new. The only thing they have done to the newer tranny's is added an input speed sensor to the rear wheel drives. Front wheel drive have basically have stayed the same since about 98 or 99. Well, that opinion, lol we'll see how this goes. If you want to know the failures, I can tell you and take pics and show you, just let me know.

I've got the Tremonte SE. I havn't be able to afford the custom 24 I want yet. I like Evans Blue, I've got their CD. I did hear them live one time, I wasn't impressed, his voice wan't very good. I would like to hear them live again though and give him another chance.

***Moderator edit. Merged double post.

Last edited by EvansBlue; January 28th, 2009 at 3:36 PM.
Old January 28th, 2009, 9:14 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by transguy37
If you want to know the failures, I can tell you and take pics and show you, just let me know.
For sure post pics of damaged parts and tell-tales if you can, everybody digs seeing something jacked up by excess or abuse or just plain worn out.

Quick Reply: Transmissions