Nova & Chevy II The Chevy II was introduced in the 1962 model year and quickly became one of the most popular models, with many trim levels and engines available. The RWD Chevy II/ Nova ended in 1979

Can you Turbo a Carb motor?

Search this Thread

Old October 28th, 2007, 2:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you Turbo a Carb motor?

I have a 1977 Chevy Nova that I plan on converting into a street/strip car. It currently has a 305 and I dont not plan to change that expect for when I stroke it to a 334, and I bet your saying to yourself "this guy is stupid you can't do that, there is no way...." but oh there is and this is the website that explains how http://www.cadvision.com/blanchas/54pontiac/305.html check it out for yourself. But my goal is to but my buddy. He has a 1979 Mustang GT with the 1980's front and rear caps, with 1980's interior. He has built one hell of a motor, a 347 stroker to be exact. He is going to rebuilding it over this winter. He plans by next spring to be spraying a 300 shot. Now we chevy guys dont take crap talking from ford guys so he is tauntingme to build a chevy that can out run him and i really dont want to spray so that leaves me with supercharging or turbo. I dont want to supercharge it because i want to just bust his ***. so that leaves me with turbo's i found a twin turbo kit for $800 for chevys so can i run them with a carbuator set up?
Old November 3rd, 2007, 8:54 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can you Turbo a Carb motor?

Howdy, NovaKing334. Try posting your? under Nitrous,Supercharges,&Turbos on the main forum page. Just copyyour posting, click on new posting under NST and paste.