Nova & Chevy II The Chevy II was introduced in the 1962 model year and quickly became one of the most popular models, with many trim levels and engines available. The RWD Chevy II/ Nova ended in 1979

Im New! Need help finding a builder for a drag chassis on a 63 nova. Any tips or help? PLEASE.

Search this Thread

Old November 21st, 2007, 9:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im New! Need help finding a builder for a drag chassis on a 63 nova. Any tips or help? PLEASE.

Hi Guys! Im back to the nova gang, having owned a 1963 2dr post, and a 1970 nova in the past.

My new project is a 1963 hardtop. I have done the bolt on mustang clip in the past, and this time would like to do a full chassis (frame rails, ifs, 4 link tubbed) front to back. I have inquired with many chassis builders (chris alston, art morrison, autoweld, etc...) From what I understood they dont have any full chassis on file to produce me one. I could be wrong, and if thats the case this will save me a lot of heart ache.

I would like a fully welded chassis so that I can just pop the body over it after cutting out all the floorboards.

If you guys know of anybody who has the specs and dimensions to make me a full front to back chassis with IFS up front, and a 4 link in the rear this would greatly help! anyone?

If not, can some of you provide me with certain measurements, to help me along the way? I have a body, but there is no front end, and its on a rolling dollie for the sand blaster. Anyone with a complete factory car could easily measure for me...
1. front axle centerline to rocker panel, or in other words front of the door jam
2.gound clearance from just behind frontwheel (to rocker panel)
3. frame height at front most point of frame rails near core support to the ground(top of frame rail to ground, this determines the rise in the rails)
4. centerline of front axle to front most part of frame
5.centerline of rear axle to rear most part of frame

any input is appreciated. im going all out this tme around, and have resorted to online for some personal help.

thanks again everyone!
Old November 23rd, 2007, 2:17 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Im New! Need help finding a builder for a drag chassis on a 63 nova. Any tips or help? PLEASE.

Welcome to chevroletforum.com!!!!!
Old November 23rd, 2007, 4:40 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Im New! Need help finding a builder for a drag chassis on a 63 nova. Any tips or help? PLEASE.

Welcome to the forum.