Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

2000 Prizm wet floor

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2023, 10:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Prizm wet floor

Our 2000 Prizm has been a very good car. At 134K that great little engine has needed only oil and filter changes and fresh spark plugs at 85K. We don't have a garage so it is always outdoors. A few weeks ago my wife began using the air conditioner as the weather changed. We had some rain and the car sat unused for a couple of days in the driveway with the front end slightly more elevated than the rear. When she next opened the car the rear passenger side floor carpet was soaking wet, the front passenger side floor was slightly damp. No windows had been left open. We let it dry out. Earlier this week we had rain and the A/C was used. The front passenger side floor was later found soaking wet. This was in the area that all the YouTube videos show as where a clogged, loose or broken evaporator condensation drain hose will spill water on the passenger floor of many cars. I jacked up the front passenger side, placed a jackstand, and crawled underneath searching for the drain hose. I couldn't find one. I have the factory shop manuals, books 1 and 2. I can't find any reference to a drain hose. On the underside of what I think is the plastic housing that contains the blower and evaporator is a projection that appears to go through the firewall into the engine compartment. I was able to run a wire about 8 inches into the opening from the engine room side; it was clean and dry. If you've worked on this vintage of Prizms, please share any advice you might have. Have I found the condensate drain or is there a hose someplace else? I poured water in all four sunroof drains and they are working just fine. If there are other drains to test please share those locations. Thanks for reading, Fred, Lakewood, CO