Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

frightning sound when try to start 76' K-10

Search this Thread

Old February 19th, 2012, 5:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default frightning sound when try to start 76' K-10

I have swapped the 350 turbo out and put in a 454. I got it as crate engine and have put it together, it was turning over just fine, but not starting yet. I now however, have a sound that is kinda sketchy. Its not the starter which I thought at first. Took it to get tested and bought new battery cables and connectors. I personally I think it sounds like its coming from where flywheel connects to transmission, like bound up springs. There are springs that are in that system right? I am not too familiar with that part. I dont know what else it could be, I have turned over engine manually and it feels pretty smooth. I have taken off covers to look at valves and springs, they look fine. I hope my new engine is not f***ed. Any help or troubleshooting advice would be greatly appreciated, or if anyone lives near Largo FL, that would be cool too.

James
Old February 24th, 2012, 3:19 PM
CF Beginner

Default soultion

so after further troubleshooting...i noticed that the flywheel teeth were starting to taper which pointed to one thing.........the starter (although good) was not connecting fully to the teeth of the flywheel. After a few adjustments and some cursing, it turned over and growled so ferociously , the dog form 3 blocks away started barking hahahahaha
Old July 19th, 2012, 12:52 AM
CF Beginner

This is a very terrific problem that you should tackle with care. If you by your own tried your best to overcome this issue and have found that it is an insurmountable one, then in those many scenarios you can take help of the perfectionists, or experts.