S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330
Old July 22nd, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Towing and Hauling
Print Wikipost

2000 S-10 Blazer 4WD Trailer Wiring Help

Old May 27th, 2012, 5:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 2000 S-10 Blazer 4WD Trailer Wiring Help

Hello everyone, I need some help wiring a trailer plug. I am trying to add a 4 pin trailer plug to my 2000 blazer. I found a string of wires off of the main harness in the back for a trailer plug. It has a tag on it but I can only read a few of the items. The problem I am having is one not being able to figure out what all the wires are for. Problem 2 is the 4 pin plug I want to put on. I have 4 wires for the plug, brown, green, yellow and white. I have 6 wires on the blazer wiring and don't know if I need all of them or not. I have the following on the blazer: White, green, lt green, yellow, brown and lt blue. Are the only ones I need the white, green, yellow and brown? What are the lt blue and lt green wires for? Any helpo that I can get would be great. I have printed off the list of color codes on the forum here. I am hoping I can get the help I need here. At last resort I am going to go out and buy a test light and start testing all the wires until I figure it out. Anyone can email me info at redneck_rebel_79@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

Ben....
Old May 27th, 2012, 8:58 PM
CF Veteran

Default wiring

i hope this work's this should be wiring info .
Trailer Wiring Diagrams
4 Way Systems

4 way flat molded connectors allow basic hookup for three lighting functions; right turn signal / stop light (green), left turn signal / stop light (yellow), taillight / license / side marker (brown) and a ground (white).

Trailer wiring diagram
4 way plug mounted to tow vehicle

4 way tow vehicle side.
4 way plug that comes from the trailer harness

4 way trailer side.
Old May 28th, 2012, 7:27 AM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

The 4 pin plugs were used in the old days when the brake light and the turn signal used the same filament in the same bulb. The vehicles today and in 2000 used a completely different bulb for the brakes and turn signal therefore you need an extra wire to control everything. one wire for the running lights. one wire for the brakes. one wire for left turn. one wire for right turn and one wire for ground. That is a total of 5 and your plug has 4.
Old May 28th, 2012, 6:03 PM
CF Beginner

I decided to try and hook up just the 4 wires, white, dark green, yellow and brown to see if the lights would work. All my lights work with just those 4 wires. I just left the light green and light blue wires taped off and everything works fine. I have taill lights, turn signals and brake lights. I have been reasearching what those other wires might be for. Maybe they are for a braking system? I read on a 6 wire plug the blue wire is tapped into the rverse lights of vehicle to disengage the trailer brakes. Maybe the wire harness has the extra wires if you were to wire a 6 pin plug. I'm not sure but I know that my lights work with just the 4 wires. If someone else comes up with what those other 2 wires are please let me know.