S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Chevy noob Bought a S-10 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old August 5th, 2020, 4:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy noob Bought a S-10 Blazer

Yo folks, I snagged this 89 S10 Blazer from my uncle and I've been trying to get her running for a couple of days now, I'm not a Chevy or GM guy so bare with me. I saw her running about 2-4 months ago so I'm guessing nothing too bad is going on. I ran the VIN and she's a 4.3 V6 with a TBI She has some wiring issues because my uncle got to modding her and he never saw it through. Replaced spark plugs, wires, Fuel Tank, fuel pump and fuel filter. Got her to cranking (didn't when I got her) but she won't go past that, got some starting fluid and she got close, but no dice,you can see the outcome of that down below haha Also the air filter is non existent, don't have a photo but there's no hosting on the TBI and the plastic hose for the air filter is ripped off, like a dog ripped it off or something. I plan to run an edlebrock air cleaner on her though. Which brings me to the next thing What's this hole for? I don't think it's the PVC valve because that's on the other valve cover, maybe for the air filter? That's about all I have now. I'm pretty sure Im probably gonna be wrong on some stuff since I'm basically going in blind so feel free to help a guy out, also I'll try to post some pics of the engine

Old August 5th, 2020, 6:09 PM
CF Active Member

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

That hole would normally connect to the air filter, it is the clean air intake for the PVC valve. While cranking is there fuel being sprayed down out of the injectors in the TB? If not then the module in the distributor is probably bad, if you have no spark it is most likely the Crankshaft sensor that is bad.
Old August 5th, 2020, 6:56 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Little Bear
That hole would normally connect to the air filter, it is the clean air intake for the PVC valve. While cranking is there fuel being sprayed down out of the injectors in the TB? If not then the module in the distributor is probably bad, if you have no spark it is most likely the Crankshaft sensor that is bad.
Now that I think about it, when I was spraying some starting fluid down the TB nothing was spraying down it except the last time when I decided to have my mom crank it while I sprayed it down the TB again, tho it was only spraying for like a second.

​​​​I'm not much of a car guy (yet) I'm kinda just wrenching and reading as I go (whatever saves me money y'know?), so I'm assuming I'm gonna have to figure out how I'm gonna make the edlebrock air cleaner work or hope that there's a way to connect that intake to it.
Old August 5th, 2020, 7:25 PM
CF Beginner

Never mind, just did more research, there's a part of the cleaner that connects to that hole