S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

How can I dismantle the front blinker Chevy S10?

Search this Thread

Old July 18th, 2009, 4:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can I dismantle the front blinker Chevy S10?

Hi,

I have some water in my left front blinker and I want dismantle to dry it. The car is a Chevy Blazer S10 ZR2 from 2000. Can anybody help me, how I take off this Blinker?

Greets from Germany

Jens
Old July 18th, 2009, 9:24 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by woopee
Hi,

I have some water in my left front blinker and I want dismantle to dry it. The car is a Chevy Blazer S10 ZR2 from 2000. Can anybody help me, how I take off this Blinker?

Greets from Germany

Jens
I have a 2004 S-10 which is probably very similar.

If you have owners manual - follow directions to remove the headlamp assembly (basically pulling two black plastic retainers straight up). This permits access to rear of the parking lamp/turn signal/fog lamp housing assembly.

The housing is held in place by plastic "ears" on side nearest center of vehicle and with a longer "finger" on side nearest side of vehicle.

Both retaining devices are easy to see (using flashlight) and simple to release (pinching the ears and using flat-tip screwdriver for the other).

You can then gently pull the housing out from cavity to disconnect the turn signal/parking bulb (press small plastic tab and rotate - will only turn one way) and fog-lamps (if installed) by lifting connector tab to slide off the bulb.

The above information might seem complicated but once headlamp has been removed it becomes intuitive - more or less.

Did you drive through water deep enough to flood the "blinker" Assembly?

If not, make sure the gaskets for the fog-lamp and blinker bulbs are intact and seal correctly with the housing.