S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Noise on deceleration

Old May 23rd, 2015, 4:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise on deceleration

Hey all,

I recently have been hearing a loud noise coming from the front end of my vehicle. The noise sounds like if you turned a bicycle upside down, got the wheel going and held a baseball card against it. This is defintely not an engine problem but somewhere in the front end. On acceleration the noise will become quieter until there is no noise at all and on deceleration it will steadily get louder until I come to a complete stop. The cvs seem to fine, no play there and there isnt any play in the wheel bearings or the tires. I recently changed out my front driver side wheel bearing because I noticed a vibration, but this was 5000 miles ago and this noise is nothing like that. I have also checked for play in the driveline and near the pinion bearings but there is very little if any play there. I am completely clueless right now and any help would be appreciated.

Oh yeah I have a 2000 S10 blazer with 162,000 miles
Old November 26th, 2018, 4:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same problem

Did you ever figure out what the problem was, or what was making that noise?

Originally Posted by frederick1010
hey all,

i recently have been hearing a loud noise coming from the front end of my vehicle. The noise sounds like if you turned a bicycle upside down, got the wheel going and held a baseball card against it. This is defintely not an engine problem but somewhere in the front end. On acceleration the noise will become quieter until there is no noise at all and on deceleration it will steadily get louder until i come to a complete stop. The cvs seem to fine, no play there and there isnt any play in the wheel bearings or the tires. I recently changed out my front driver side wheel bearing because i noticed a vibration, but this was 5000 miles ago and this noise is nothing like that. I have also checked for play in the driveline and near the pinion bearings but there is very little if any play there. I am completely clueless right now and any help would be appreciated.

Oh yeah i have a 2000 s10 blazer with 162,000 miles