S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Problem with 95 Blazer running rough at times

Search this Thread

Old April 4th, 2010, 3:08 PM
bms
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with 95 Blazer running rough at times

We have a 1995 Chevy Blazer (4.3 Vortec) that we are having trouble with. At times, it will run like a champ. Other times while driving, it will start to run rough, and when coming to a stop or not accelerating, the RPMs will bounce up and down. It will occasionally stall when coming to a stop, but not all the time. When it acts up, you can pull over and shut it off, and after a few minutes it will be fine again, but it does not always last.

I'm not a car expert, but I have changed the fuel filter to try and help. Could anyone help solve this problem? Please ask anything that may help you come up with an answer.
Old April 4th, 2010, 8:48 PM
CF Beginner

Found this quote in this link, thought it may be helpful.

7th Nov 2006, 12:58

<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!--INFOLINKS_ON-->http://www.carsurvey.org/reviews/che...mments/page-3/

"I had a starting problem with my 95 Chevy Blazer that was diagnosed as a bad fuel pump. The mechanic replaced the old fuel pump with a new one and it still did not work. The real problem was with relays in the glove compartment. They heat up and corrode the metal plugs. I replace them and it usually stops the starting, surging, and stalling problems that seem like the fuel pump. I do not know what causes the relay problem yet."
Old April 5th, 2010, 5:31 AM
bms
CF Beginner

Interesting. Do you know how many relays are to be in the glove box? There are 2 in mine, but it looks like there is a slot where a third is to be.
Old April 8th, 2010, 2:29 PM
CF Junior Member

did someone clean out just the top of the throttle body withoug taking it off and cleaning it? this can cause idle bouncing, also if you have taken off the intake tube or something and didnt reconect the MAF sensor that may cause it to act up just something simple like that