S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Stalling issue at cruising speed with 4.3L

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2009, 11:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalling issue at cruising speed with 4.3L

<!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->At this point i'm stuck.

2000 4.3L

I have tried everything to my ability to keep my truck from stalling at cruising speeds and even sometimes during acceleration (the late not that frequent)
I have change distributor, plugs, and wires with no success. I have cleaned my MAF sensor with no obvious change. I have tried to run with the MAF disconnected to see if it clears up but again no big change. I haven't been able to electrically test it because i don't know how. I can't find anything on how to do it. The only other idea that comes to mind is my cat. It rattles at take off and when the engine decreases in rpms drastically but i am getting no error codes that have to do with the cat or the 02 sensors. teh only codes i have got so far are random misfire codes. The truck only has 102000 miles on it and i don'ot know how oftenm the MAF goes bad but i did use the fram pre-oiled filter last change and i heard that it may cause the MAF to get dirty.

But again, the only problems i'm getting are engine stalling during the crusing speed and ocassionaly when i'm accelerating from a stop to highway speed. It does seem to do it more often in the morning than in the afternoon but i cant see why moisture would be the cause especially after i change the distributor and wires. Could it be the coil?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old May 21st, 2009, 12:52 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

A good starting point would be to run the codes on it. That will narrow the broad range of possibilities down quite a bit.
Old May 21st, 2009, 12:55 PM
CF Beginner

Well i had the code pulled off it and like i said the only codes i've gotten were random cylinder misfires a P0300 Engine Misfire Detected code.
Old September 18th, 2017, 9:05 PM
CF Beginner

Coil...