S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Vehicle Speed Sensor

Search this Thread

Old July 10th, 2021, 11:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vehicle Speed Sensor

I’m having trouble with my VSS intermittently working. I’ve replaced the sensor and it seemed to work for a little while then started working sometimes and then wouldn’t. 1 thing I noticed was the Antiock brakes would cycle or make a noise and the speedometer would stop working. Does the Antiock brakes have anything to do with the VSS. Of course when the speedometer is not working, it won’t shift out past 2nd gear.
Old February 7th, 2022, 8:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Medicmechanic17
I’m having trouble with my VSS intermittently working. I’ve replaced the sensor and it seemed to work for a little while then started working sometimes and then wouldn’t. 1 thing I noticed was the Antiock brakes would cycle or make a noise and the speedometer would stop working. Does the Antiock brakes have anything to do with the VSS. Of course when the speedometer is not working, it won’t shift out past 2nd gear.
Usually if your
abs is engaging it is a problem with one of the wheel speed sensors and not the vss.