Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

‘21 Z71 Suburban grill tint peeling

Search this Thread

Old March 12th, 2022, 9:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ‘21 Z71 Suburban grill tint peeling

I have a ‘21 Z71 Suburban. I noticed the tinted film on the grill was starting to peel when I was washing it. Anyone else have this issue or know if it will be covered by the warranty? If so, which part?

Of course I haven’t made myself get to the dealership since one is out of town. I’m hoping for bumper to bumper to coverage. Needless to say I should have taken it about 6 months ago.
Old May 25th, 2022, 2:05 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Just came across this. Yes, i Have a 2021 RST the tint is all pealing off the black grill. talked with GM and the refuse to replace it under warrant. they say i live on a gravel road which i absolutely do not. i cant believe i paid this kind of money for a vehicle that has had a many problems as we have had with this one.
Old May 25th, 2022, 4:50 PM
CF Monarch

Received 345 Likes on 326 Posts

Call Chevrolet customer service, they might help. Don't delay the quicker you get to the dealership the better.
Old May 25th, 2022, 5:12 PM
CF Beginner

I ended up taking it to a dealership and they replaced it! I had 23,000 miles on it. I was glad they replaced it! If only they would fix my cracked entertainment screen my husband damaged accidentally when laying the seat back. Lol
Old June 20th, 2022, 11:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2021 RST with the same problem and when i brought it in to the dealership they said it was road damage and warranty would not cover it. I have also spoken with Chevy customer service and they are pretty useless. Customer services best advice was to just take it to a different dealership. I noticed the peeling after around 10000 miles and seriously regret ever buying a chevy. I know people on social media who said their dealership replaced the grill no questions asked and stated it was part of the bumper to bumper. I would love to get a bunch of people together for a class action lawsuit. I'm in miami and all the dealers down here suck.
The following users liked this post:
JAM44 (December 11th, 2022)
Old July 21st, 2022, 2:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Grille peeling/chipping

Originally Posted by Afiedler
I ended up taking it to a dealership and they replaced it! I had 23,000 miles on it. I was glad they replaced it! If only they would fix my cracked entertainment screen my husband damaged accidentally when laying the seat back. Lol
could you do me a favor and tell me or message me the name of the dealership and the service advisor you had that replaced your grille under warranty? I have been going back and forth now with Gm because my grille is having the same problem as yours and Gm is refusing to replace it. Trying to show them that dealers are in fact covering this because it’s a factory defect.
Old December 11th, 2022, 6:13 AM
CF Beginner

Default Paint chipping as well - extremely frustrated!

I am having the same issue. GM will not budge on their response which is a joke. It’s very apparent this is a flaw in the new line.

Originally Posted by matt_sandoz@yahopo.com
Just came across this. Yes, i Have a 2021 RST the tint is all pealing off the black grill. talked with GM and the refuse to replace it under warrant. they say i live on a gravel road which i absolutely do not. i cant believe i paid this kind of money for a vehicle that has had a many problems as we have had with this one.
Old March 17th, 2023, 5:29 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2021 poor grill

I’m getting my 4th new grill on high country from dealership, only 30,000km on my truck, all on warranty, but dealing with GM as don’t want to peel agsin off warranty. Also noticed my Silverado emblem on rear gate chrome is peeling, I hate chrome but can’t they make a decent product for the dollars you pay for truck
Old August 27th, 2023, 3:06 AM
CF Beginner

Peeling tint film on a vehicle's grille may not be covered under a bumper-to-bumper warranty, as warranties typically cover defects in materials and workmanship, not wear and tear. The tinting film on the grille is often considered an accessory or cosmetic component, rather than a critical part of the vehicle's function. If you believe the peeling film is the result of a manufacturing defect or poor installation, refer to your vehicle's warranty documentation or contact your dealer to discuss the problem. They will be able to provide you with accurate information about whether repairing or replacing the tint film is covered under the warranty. And while you wait for an answer, it is better to relax, so as not to get angry, by the way, click site and there you will be able to relax in a mature way. Before contacting the dealership, you should review the warranty documentation to understand the specific terms and conditions covered by the warranty. This will help you have a clear understanding of what problems are covered under warranty.

Last edited by krammsa; August 28th, 2023 at 11:52 AM.