Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2016 Suburban LTZ Theft Deterrent System Issues

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 8:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Suburban LTZ Theft Deterrent System Issues

Hi forum members.

Newbee Chevy Forum Member here.
I have owned and operated a 2007 Chevy Suburban 2007 for more then 10 years and recently bought a pristine 2016 LTZ ( premier ) with low miles 70K.

A few days ago i was car pooling the boys back from soccer and someone had left a interior light on in the LTZ resulting completely draining the battery.
At first i though no problem i am just gonna recharge for 1-2 days and see what happens.
Reinstalled the battery and had a " Service Theft Deterrent System" notification.
Went online and tried to figure out which procedure to run to reset the Theft Deterrent System.

The car would crank for 1 second so i though ok the battery is toast and need to be replaced. so i got a new battery and tried again...
Same notice " Service Theft Deterrent System" notification.

Tried calling the dealer and the only thing they could say let's tow it in and we will take a look and scan the software.... WTF???

Can someone point me in the right direction for hard resetting the "Service Theft Deterrent System" specifically for a 2016 Suburban LTZ with a push start button and not an key....

Looking forward.

Thanks a lot.
LBZ