Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

07 Silverado Nav programming issues

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2009, 2:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Silverado Nav programming issues

So I installed a brand new, GM navigation unit w/ DVD (Part #25891155) into my '07 Silverado (which has Bose and the 6-disc dash changer). I installed the correct VSS harness, OnStar voice harness and ACDelco GPS antenna. Since it was a brand new unit, it was pretty much plug-n-play with a few issues. Radio, navigation, voice directions, and voice recognition worked great. Few things I noticed though: DVD would not play most items because it was set to the wrong region (I need it set to Region 1 NTSC), my XM was not recognized by the new headunit, and my OnStar would not transmit sound through my speakers. So, I took my truck to the dealer to have the new unit programmed to 'recognize' my XM, play my OnStar, and set to the right DVD region. 3 hours and $145 dollars later, my dealer was able to reset the programming of my unit, however, they were not able to connect the XM, OnStar and DVD issue. Since my dealer program, here is the changes that I've noticed since initial installation:

1) XM is not beiong recognized still by the head unit
2) since my reprogram, I no longer have the clock shown on my screen. I don't even have the option of setting my clock anymore. This was all present when I initially installed. What gives?
3) since the reprogram, I've lost all my chimes/blinker/warning sounds. These all worked when I initially installed the radio. Just since the reprogram have they disappeared. I don't really mind, just kind of miss the beeping of the Backup System already.
4) DVD still throwing a region code error

Before removing my stock unit, I got my XM ID# from Channel O and recorded it. Now, my NAV unit does not seem to be connecting with my XM box. The unit menu shows AM, FM, CD, & Aux, but no XM option. I've checked all the connections behind the dash, which are good, and my XM subscription is still active. I thought this was a matter of my radio unit just needing programming to recognize the XM option, however, after trying for 3 hours yesterday, my dealer said they could not get the Nav unit to connect to the XM. My question is this: is this really a programming issue where I need to have the dealer try again to connect the head unit with my XM which should still be active? Or, is it as simple as calling XM and informing them that I've changed head units and they need to re-activate my service? I know the XM unit is separate from the head unit, and located behind the glove box. I know the XM ID#. I just need to know how to have my head unit show the XM option and connect with the XM box behind the dash. If XM has to reactivate my service since I changed head units, will the option just show up on my nav screen once complete? Any help here is immensly appreciated.

2) My OnStar is active, and still works. However, it does not play sound through my speakers anymore. I can hit the OnStar button, or the phone button, and you can tell it works because the info panel on the dash displays the number being called, the light on the mirror flashes, etc., however, I just can't hear anything through the speakers. I even called OnStar and had them unlock my doors, so I know the system still works. I'm wondering, why would the new Nav unit not allow the OnStar sounds through the speakers anymore? I connected the Voice Harness for the voice recognition features when installing the Nav unit. They work great: when I hold the steering wheel Mute button, it goes straight into Voice Command mode for the Nav (whereas before holding this button would go direct to OnStar). The voice command feature is somewhat cumbersome though and I could live without. If I just undo the red & black wires I used to connect the OnStar module to the radio harness (for the voice featers when installing the Nav), should my OnStar go back to it's regular method of playing through my HU & speakers? Or, does the head unit need to be programmed to accept sounds from the OnStar unit? I tried having the dealer program this yesterday, but after 3 hours they couldnt gain communication between the head unit and the OnStar module. I hope its as easy as removing the Nav voice harness and hopefully gain my OnStar back. Any advice here?

3) My DVD player still will not play most American DVDs (only homemade burnt ones). It is set for the wrong region, and needs to be set to Region 1 NTSC. I ven watched the tech put the correct region code in the computer to have it programmed.

Thanks for any and all advice here.
Old September 11th, 2009, 2:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: 07 Silverado Nav programming issues

hey i ran into the same issue.

Did you figure it out? please help!!