Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2006 Chevy Silverado RSE not working

Search this Thread

Old June 30th, 2011, 2:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Chevy Silverado RSE not working

On the Rear Entertainment system for my truck, the DVD will play, I will get audio but no video will be displayed. I had thought it was a switch or something because it seemingly fixed itself if I flipped up the screen and back down but now it will not display no matter what I do. I am unable to remove it from the roof mount either to troubleshoot it further. any help?

DVD Audio but no video.

thanks in advance.

Rich
Old July 1st, 2011, 9:12 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

rjhickey7,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Is this happening with every DVD you input into the system?

Thank you,
Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old July 7th, 2011, 5:50 PM
CF Beginner

yes it is with every DVD. I thought at first it might be a switch that will cut video feed from monitor when it is flipped up and latched. Does the video cut out when the screen is flipped up? Or is it something else like a video card? Rich
Old July 14th, 2011, 4:04 PM
CF Beginner

Question anyone?

anyone else have this problem?
Old July 15th, 2011, 12:26 PM
CF Active Member

Sounds to me like you have a nicked or pinched wire if not a cutoff switch problem, since it initially started working after closing and reopening. I know once mine wasn't playing the video on a DVD, but mine was I left my iPod cables plugged into the RCA inputs. I guess you could try hooking up to the RCA inputs to see if video will play through them. That of course will only tell you something if it plays video. If not you are still just guessing.

I always said if mine went out I would just go aftermarket and mount to the back of the seats.
Old July 16th, 2011, 4:33 PM
CF Beginner

thanks, I will try the rca jacks... if they work, I guess I can look into the switch maybe. I am unable to get it off the roof though... any ideas?
Old August 31st, 2013, 2:59 PM
CF Beginner

Default fairy simple solution

if you take down the drop down, you have three molex plugs. 1 goes to the screen and ir assembly, one comes in on the vehicle side, and one is for the aux video input. If you look at the harness that routes to the screen, you will find a black and brown 22g wire, those are r and l audio. 22g blue wire is video signal. They use a common shield, so I used the shield for audio and grounded the video (-) feed. I now have audio and video from the factory rse to my aftermarket kenwood in dash. You can also do aux out by soldering onto the aux board. 2006 gmc sierra