Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2007 bug deflector

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2007, 8:57 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 bug deflector

how does the gm bug deflector mount to the new body style trucks? does it mount with 3m tape, predrilled holes, holes that you drill or clip on?

thanks,
Old July 31st, 2007, 9:10 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 2007 bug deflector

every bug deflector that i've seen for new trucks have pre-drilled holes in them. you just lift your hood up, take the bolts out of your hood and then put them right back in with your bug deflector lined up to it.
Old July 31st, 2007, 9:13 AM
CF Junior Member

that is what i thought as well. just called my chevy dealer and he told me the gm part just clips on so it can be takend off easily when washing/waxing. i've never seen one that just clips on.
Old August 30th, 2007, 8:10 PM
CF Beginner

Mine had pre-drilled holes. Just like the other guy said. Just take out your factory studs and they screw right in the holes and back in place. It also came with 3m tape to help keep it secure.
[align=left] [/align]
Old August 31st, 2007, 12:11 AM
CF Junior Member

Hey, can you guys put up pictures of your trucks with the deflectors on? I want to see what they look like before I get one! Thanks a bunch!
Old September 2nd, 2007, 12:39 AM
CF Senior Member

Old September 2nd, 2007, 6:43 PM
CF Beginner

I just put on the GM bug deflector on my '07 NBS. There are 3 predrilled holes that you will install anchors that are threaded, I forget the name, but have been in use for years for sheet metal where threads are needed, kinda like a rivet but you use a bolt and a wrench to upset the insert. There are two other contact areas where you will use clear mylar tape on the hood edge and the clip pinchs the hood at that point. Not the greatest setup, but it works. Wish GM could have added two more holes in the hood for the mounting, would be stiffer and no chance of the clips scratching the hood and causing a spot for rust to start. Looks good installed and will keep the rocks from taking paint.
Old September 2nd, 2007, 7:24 PM
CF Senior Member

Yeah, you have to watch out that you don't scratch the hood when instaling. I think the clips ae there to keep the deflector away from the hood so you can wash behind it?
Old September 2nd, 2007, 7:30 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: Foxracing

I just put on the GM bug deflector on my '07 NBS. There are 3 predrilled holes that you will install anchors that are threaded, I forget the name, but have been in use for years for sheet metal where threads are needed, kinda like a rivet but you use a bolt and a wrench to upset the insert. There are two other contact areas where you will use clear mylar tape on the hood edge and the clip pinchs the hood at that point. Not the greatest setup, but it works. Wish GM could have added two more holes in the hood for the mounting, would be stiffer and no chance of the clips scratching the hood and causing a spot for rust to start. Looks good installed and will keep the rocks from taking paint.
RIVNUTS!
Old September 3rd, 2007, 8:02 AM
CF Beginner

Rivnuts, thats it!

As for the clips helping to keep the bug deflector away so you can wash----no. They are "trying" to offer support. You can reach behind to wash with or without the two of those clips. I had thought of going without them ,but theres lots of movement even with them. You also have to be careful of how you shut the hood once the deflector is on, I found that pulling slightly at the center is the best, otherwise you'll push/pull one of the slip-on clips which in time could scratch the hood.

Quick Reply: 2007 bug deflector