Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2011 Dually vibration

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2012, 9:50 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Dually vibration

I bought the very first 2011 3500 dually we got in and traded in my 06 dually in on it. I drove the truck home the first night and brought the truck back to work the next day with a vibration at 65 mph up to around 80. The truck had 20 miles on it when I drove it home ,so I decided to drive it before I tried to balance the tires . I drove it to around 500 miles and the vibration was still there. We took the tires off and balanced them three times and nothing changed ,we replaced the driveshaft and still there. Due to some health issues I was forced to park the truck for almost a year and I drove my other car or small truck. I had to sell my other car and truck due to going on disability and have had to drive my 3500 now . I had 9500 miles on it and the vibration is still present and is bad. It is there with the truck loaded with my fifth wheel and when empty. I took it in to the dealership I used to work for and left it to have the tires replaced due to all six were dry rotted and cracking, DEF program ,vibration,and for rail rust all over truck. Ok one week goes by and no call ,I go by they have the tires on but nothing else has been done except now I have a scratched door handle and a scratched left front door panel. I get the keys and take my truck . I stopped by the office and told them the truck will never be here again . I was called in about two hours by a part owner of the dealership who is a friend of mine and was assured that if I brought it back he would handle everything and fix the handle and replace the panel. I took it back on monday morning a week from yesterday and dropped it off. I still havent heard anything from them so I went up there today . They can not figure out the problem and said that two other 3500s on the lot are doing the same thing. They balanced the tires again 2 more times, and then sent it out to have tires balanced on the truck this did not fix it either. They called GM tech assistance and they said they have heard of this problem but dont know what to do either. By the way nothing else has been done either except they painted the door handle for the truck ,but it was the wrong color . How do you mispaint a white door handle silver? D.A. So now I have a fifty eight thousand dollar vibrating POS that even GM dont know how to fix. I worked for GM dealerships for twenty four years and was forced to retire due to cancer . In all those years I bought at least two new cars or trucks EVERY YEAR . Not anymore if GM dont step up and fix this problem. I guess my question is has anyone else run into this problem ? What would any of you do in this case?
Old May 9th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> spongjim5,

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. Would you please PM me your vehicle's VIN number and the name and city of your dealer, so I may look into this further for you?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old May 9th, 2012, 9:49 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unfortunately I hear a lot of similar stories like this. I was a GM man until recently. Now anytime one of my customers talk about buying a GM I recommend against it. If they ever get it back together I may change my opinion but for now I tell them FORD trucks or anything Asian (terrible I can not recommend American made)
Old May 10th, 2012, 12:04 AM
CF Junior Member

I guess I will have to see how they handle this problem before I decide to not buy anything else. But its not looking good . I was really looking forward to getting another vette when this truck is paid off .
Old May 10th, 2012, 8:40 AM
CF Junior Member

Got up early this mornig to go and check on my truck because they havent even called one time to tell me anything . It was sitting out front of the dealership and when I asked about it they said it was done. They informed me that the vibration at 65 to 80 is a characteristic of the 3500 truck and no correction is known. They hadnt done anything about the railrust on the truck . I do not feel safe diving this truck anymore ,something is wrong and they know it . I was told by the tech. the other day that GM has had reports of this issue but dont know how to corrcet it ,so now its a normal condition. I guess you have to spend more than 58000.00 before a problem is actually a problem.

Last edited by spongjim5; May 10th, 2012 at 10:30 AM.
Old May 14th, 2012, 10:47 PM
CF Junior Member

No contact from GM or dealership yet. My sense of humor is gone with this matter. I am going to wait two more days ,then I will be looking at the legal options in this matter. I had the co-owner of the dealership ride with me thursday evening ,and he said he wouldnt feel safe driving the truck either .
Old May 15th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Hi spongjim5,

I just wanted to let you know that Louis has been out of the office recently, so I apologize if you have attempted to contact him during that time! I'm one of his back-ups for the day, and I wanted to let you know he will respond to his private messages as soon as he returns.

Best,

Katie (Assisting Louis)
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old October 13th, 2019, 11:57 AM
CF Beginner

Default Solution?

Originally Posted by spongjim5
No contact from GM or dealership yet. My sense of humor is gone with this matter. I am going to wait two more days ,then I will be looking at the legal options in this matter. I had the co-owner of the dealership ride with me thursday evening ,and he said he wouldnt feel safe driving the truck either .
Did gm find a solution for ur vibration issue?
I have a 2011 3500hd dually with rear end vibration from the day i bought it. Lots of balancing of tires.. 2 factory rims were replaced and alcola aluminum rims installed with no change. Change tires..shocks.. outter wheel bearings... nothing changed. Only opinion was that the axle outter hubs were not aligned correctly when welded in place. This would cause axle shaft to chatter in the differential on the carrier gears and be out of balance internally. Fraction of a degree out can cause this. Dealership forman wasnt going to do anything for me. And im off warrenty about 100,000km ago, but vibrated from day 1 - 58km on the odometer.