Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:14 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

2011 Silverado Vibration = Rough Ride.

Search this Thread

Old April 4th, 2012, 7:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As one of the first to respond to this web page, I only feel with all the hell I raised I should tell my ending. IF anyone followed my trails of trying to get my truck fixed I pulled no punches with GM they are by far the worse people to deal with. It took over ten trips to the dealer and over 100 phone calls to everone I could think of. Halfway thru this ordeal I was labeled " Here comes that *******" in the service dept. But the head of the service dept at Mckluskey chevy Tim saw the same thing I saw. This guy gave over forty thousand dollars for his new truck and he aint happy and he has a problem. He could have walked away as the sorry *** people at GM did but he didnt, we got to no each other pretty well. ( As you do when you talk to someone every day) I cant say enough good about Tim and the way he handled the repair.All repaires are now done and the truck rides smoth as it should have from the factory. I cant say enough about how bad GM was in this deal. The GM I rep. had Chomone and her boss Heather are the stupidist people in the job they do and I hope no one here has to deal with them. After 3 calls to them they told me that they had done all they could do and that was the final resolution, they had done all they could do. Must be nice to sit in an office and tell us tuff ****, but dont forget to buy another GM. Im telling this because I have owned 6 Chevys from 2000 on, but I will think long and hard before I buy another. I wish everyone here the best results have you dealer take a look at the drive shaft Ithink they call the one they put in mine was called a donner drive shaft.
Old April 10th, 2012, 11:55 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2012 Shakerado

Had my 2012 in again yesterday for the second time yesterday. Service people said after 23 miles and 4 different techs, they could find no problem. I can find a problem before getting to the stop sign on way home. NO way they cant tell there is a problem. I am *****d. They said there was no problem found the first time, but When Tech rode with me, he reluctantly admitted he could feel it. then you get the Oh they all do that. Its normal. They might all do it, but it is not normal. I am now at 2000 miles and have no pride of ownership, and am embarrassed to take friends for a ride. I guess I will have to try and get a job at the hardware store, so if someone comes in and buys a can of paint, I can drive them home and shake it up for them. No more new GM's for me.
Old April 10th, 2012, 3:12 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> hflmore,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your Silverado. Have you contacted Chevrolet Customer Service regarding this issue? If so, could you please PM me your Service Request number (SR#), so I may look into your case?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old April 13th, 2012, 9:35 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2012 Chevy Silverado vibration problems

I just recently traded in my 2003 Silverado for a 2012 4x4 with the 6 speed automatic transmission. I diligently performed the recommended 500 mile beakin period keeping the vehicle under 50 mils an hour. After that I left for a trip to nova scotia canada ~2000 roundtrip - at highway speeds the steering wheel, seats and water bottle vibrated to the point that I almost aborted my trip and returned to the dealer. But, I purchased a new truck for reliability reasons because I do this trip a couple times a year - so I continued on. My 2003 with 135000 miles was a MUCH better riding truck, Upon my return I took it back to the dealer with the expected results - the truck is operating as expected! This is not right and far too many people are complaining - I will not give up until this issue is resolved! Has anyone had any positive results yet from GM?

Thanks
Old April 13th, 2012, 5:17 PM
CF Beginner

Just a thought here, but I previously had an 05 Tacoma. Guys were having a similar problem with vibration, mostly after a lift. Some found that if they switched into 4wd the vibration would go away, indicating it was drive line. The Toyota problem turned out to be bad bearings in the front diff as I recall. I just drove a 12 crew LTZ, and checked for the vibe, and couldn't detect it. I pick it up on Wednesday. I hope I don't have to revisit this thread lol.

Last edited by jeff194; April 13th, 2012 at 5:25 PM.
Old April 14th, 2012, 8:44 PM
CF Junior Member

I'm thinking the vibration I felt was not as bad as the other guys
Replacing the two tires and having road force balance fixed mine

I would like to hear more about the guy that has the driveshaft replaced maybe scan the workorder sheet so we can see a part number and what the tech said
Also some might laugh but it's even smoother since I had a spray in bedliner put in
Old April 17th, 2012, 12:48 PM
CF Beginner

check your driveshafts for out of balance and or bad u joints
Old May 19th, 2012, 3:11 PM
CF Junior Member

FYI I still felt a slight vibration, it was stil there,l and even after all that had been done, so I called up my local driveline shop and said I wanted my driveshaft rebalanced. I pulled it out and took it down there. Turned out to be out of balance on the front end.
Got home put it back in and smooth as glass, well smooth as a truck can be...
Old May 21st, 2012, 1:06 PM
CF Beginner

Anyone have any new news on this or experiencing this problem with a 2012 Silverado?

I just bought my 2012 Silverado Extended cab, regular box, 4x4, 5.3l Z71 about 4,000 miles ago here in Maryland. I haven't done anything to the vehicle yet I am getting some serious vibration out of my front end. It's definitely more pronounced when in 4 wheel drive under straight line acceleration around 60mph. I always drive in 2-wheel mode and only went 4-wheel in attempt to figure out where the issue was coming from. Wanting to eleminate the easiest cause of vibrations I had the tires checked and balanced. No difference.

I took the truck into the dealership and explained the problem and got the usualy, problem can not be replicated response. I then took the service manager for a ride so he could see it first hand. I did some research and found there was a vibration analyzing tool shops can use to help them identify vibration sources. My shop does not have one so I was rescheduled for two weeks later (today). I take the truck in this morning and I get a phone call about an hour later stating they couldn't find anything wrong and were wrapping up balancing the tires. I knew this was going to happen.

They get three more attempts and i'll be persueing lemon law options.
Old May 21st, 2012, 2:08 PM
CF Junior Member

Goodluck ,all I am getting is lies.

Quick Reply: 2011 Silverado Vibration = Rough Ride.