Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:14 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

2011 Silverado Vibration = Rough Ride.

Search this Thread

Old February 20th, 2012, 9:14 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just said ok (sarcastically) got in my truck and left
Im not one to blow up
Old February 21st, 2012, 7:34 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by Exhausted
I just said ok (sarcastically) got in my truck and left
Im not one to blow up
I'm not one to blow up either, but unfortunately at car dealerships I can't be my normal self when treated like an idiot.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 5:05 PM
CF Junior Member

Got my truck back today
They road forced balanced my tires
Two of my tires had to much runout
So they replace two tires and got all of my readings at .14-.15
Truck drives great (like a truck should)
Old February 22nd, 2012, 5:08 PM
CF Active Member

Good to hear someone got the issue resolved.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 7:03 PM
CF Beginner

to exhausted Glad to hear your truck rides ok now....but mine did also for one day now its back. I had a meeting with the service manager and the president of my dealership. Nice guys I got this sorry your having this much trouble maybe we could do a dealer assit on a new 2013 when they come out, I had mentioned this as a means to fix this problem,but Im not interested now with finding the notice that GM new of this problem even before the truck was available to the public. Even they were supprised at this notice. The GM rep. for this area has been busy for 2 weeks and doesnt want to be bothered with this. Someone needs to be given his walking papers. Now if they (GM) NEW OF THIS AND SOLD THESE TRUCKS ANY WAY THATS THEFT BY DECEPTION and they should be held to the fire. My truck goes back in Monday for a two day repair if not fixed then we go by way of the Ohio State lemon law and Gm can stick this truck up there ***!!!!!!!! After owning GM cars most of my life it will be hard choice to go with another company, but you can bet Ill do a lot of homework before I do. Boy GM you are handling this in a bad way sure hope you pay back my taxpayer money before you go bellyup Louis.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 10:43 PM
CF Junior Member

Thanks
This is day 2 and I got up to 85 and and it felt great
Now it doesn't ride like a Cadillac but it rides like my 08' did
And they gave me a loaner, a 12' ext cab and it road like it should also
To me it rides great and I consider it done
Old February 24th, 2012, 6:42 AM
CF Beginner

Belly up? With record profits? They could care less about our trucks...they're too busy divying up those bonuses.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 9:58 AM
CF Beginner

Louis, Just wanted to give you an update. I am taking truck into Turnpike Chevrolet agian on Wednesday the 7th of March. I am going to personally ride with the mechanic and show them what I am talking about when I say this truck is vibrating. I will let you know the results.

I believe my last email I told you I was taking to Hurricane, Chevrolet in Hurricane, WV. I took it there and when I explained to them it had been previously worked on I was immediately told that I would have to take back to Turnpike if infact it was a tire issue. They kept the truck all day told me nothing was found to be wrong. however, I still have the problem. I really did not get a good feeling that they were even going to try to fix my problem after they learned that it had been looked at 4 times somewhere else. I can't positively say for sure that they didn't try but bottom line is i still have same issues .

thanks again,

Falcon_25825@yahoo.com
Old March 3rd, 2012, 1:22 PM
CF Beginner

Well, my truck is still not fixed yet BUT thats because I decided to let the problem get worse just so the dealership will not have a reason to tell me nothing is wrong with my truck.

The tires were rotated and balanced at 750 miles now my truck has 3000 miles on it. So this rotation has 2,200 miles on it and the tires had a flat pattern across them when they were rotated. NOW with 2,200 miles on them the right front tire is now showing a heavy chop effect across the tire. Its worst on the outside side of the tire.

So I guess come Monday morning I can point out to the dealer about that basketball vibration coming from the right front that I told them about 3 months now has proof!!

I am not going to settle of the answer of it's a tire because the problem is still there regardless of which tire is on the front. I am determed its a suspension issue. Like a bad r/f strut.

Once the front vibration is taken care of then I can move to the vibration in the rear.

Last edited by woodrow; March 3rd, 2012 at 1:28 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 2:26 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> falcon_25825,

Thank you for the update. I hope Turnpike Chevrolet is able to find the root of the problem.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Quick Reply: 2011 Silverado Vibration = Rough Ride.