Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

95 c1500 5.7 v8 did a tune up and now no start

Search this Thread

Old October 25th, 2013, 9:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 c1500 5.7 v8 did a tune up and now no start

Working on a friends truck, he was having stalling issues. He said it died as he was coming to a stop so we took it for a ride. Seemed like most of the time he'd slow down to stop or to make a turn the truck would die. He said the fuel filter hasn't been changed since he got it, so I replaced the fuel filter with no change. Plugs, wires, cap, and rotor had not been changed either, so I did that next. Had a hell of a time trying to find that tan wire with a black stripe but found it under the glove box. Disconnected it and set the timing to 0 while turning it over then reconnected. I'm unable to get it to start now. It's getting spark because the timing light functions, and I can see the fuel being pumped into the tbi. So far all I've been able to do is make it backfire unintentionally. Once just shot some flames up, another was so powerful it blew the pcv valve out and the vacuum line running from it to the tbi. I tried running the codes but couldn't get the ses light on, so pulled the dash and it didn't even have a bulb in the socket. Moved one from the check gauges light and it posted a code 32. Who knows how long that's been on since there was no bulb. I checked the vacuum lines to the egr and blew them, they were clear. I felt the diaphragm on the egr and it was stuck. Took it off and beat it on the ground a couple times and kept messing with it and finally got it to move some. Hooked it all back up and still no change. I need some suggestions, please.

Last edited by aeidian; October 25th, 2013 at 9:29 PM.