Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

For all you guys who need replacement parts.

Search this Thread

Old August 18th, 2009, 11:22 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For all you guys who need replacement parts.

Well.. I figured I would post a little guide to a few websites (2 to be exact, for now) I know that sell replacement parts for the beloved Silverado and many other trucks.

Now, I'm not trying to promote any of these fine companies. I'm simply just trying to give y'all a helping hand by giving you a new marketplace.

http://www.lmctruck.com/ - These guys are great. They have every part you can imagine. Everything from headliners to cotter pins. They are a bit pricey on a few items, but their quality is bar none. They have parts for anything from The Jimmys, to the Blazers to the Broncos. They provide parts for all types of the big 3 trucks. Their catalog is non color =( but it has nice details on all the parts.

http://www.classicparts.com/ - These guys really strive for your business. They send you a FREE all color catalog. Every page has immense detail of almost every part you can imagine. They're definately worth a look. They only deal with truck parts.

If you have any questions, just gimme a reply or even a pm.

P.s. Don't go to these guys to buy brakes or anything you can get from you're local auto parts store. They should strictly be used for hard to find parts. ie, fenders and interior parts, and such. -There ya go Suzuki-guy =p -
~Waste~

Last edited by Wastehog; August 19th, 2009 at 12:06 AM.
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im sorry but I hate lmctruck! Over priced! Anything you can get from there you can get way cheaper anywhere else! Most of their stuff is made in china but hey what isnt anymore! I bought my Cold air intake from them for 130 only to find it new on ebay with more then one for twenty bucks. The exact same thing. I have also looked at their sensors. %0 bucks more then autozone for the same duralast peice of crap. I am not dissing your reccomendations wastehog and do not want to offend anyone but the quality of products these days is horrible. Anychance I get to buy something made in the US or even canada I take it. The one thing I will say about LMC is they do sell everything and have good customer satisfaction but do not go to them if you are looking for a deal.
Old August 19th, 2009, 12:04 AM
CF Junior Member

Yeah, that's why i put that they are a bit over priced, but i have one thing to say. Good luck finding a whole fender at you're local Butthole Zone. I absolutely hate Autozone. I hope they fail in the recession. Around here I go to Advance Auto whenever I can. Hell, they even know me by name, and its not from readin it from a computer. Autozone is horrible with hiring unknowledgeable people, imho. Not dissing them, or maybe I am.. lol.
I would only reccomend lmctruck for parts that aren't readily aviliable in the aftermarket. ie, replacement parts like sun visiors and such. Its mostly for the guys who want it like new from the factory.

Btw, no offence taken. Like I said, I'm not representing them, just trying to provide a helping hand.
Old August 19th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator

Trust me I hate Autozone to! USe to shop at Advance. But any more besides the retards who work there what is the difference? Same crappy parts! All made in china. There is no difference between advace and Autozone or any other parts store for that matter! The employees depend on your town some autozones could have retards! When I shop for parts I go for whoever is the closest that has the ciniese junk in stock! SOme duralast sensors I can find made in canada! For my body panels I get them at a place we have in town called andys autoparts. I can fins stuff cheap on the internet but the shipping makes it not a good deal compared to picking it up elsewhere. I checked out classic parts they seem pretty limited.
Old August 19th, 2009, 3:14 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well... im fortunate i guess... in my area. my advance i have 2 rtired GM mechanics that work there. i got my main guy kieth whos knows every god damn thing about autos. if i need to know a part like a thread pattern for a front shock i ask him and he tells me its this or that depending on when GM changed this and that and so on. hes badass. and at autozone i get discounts because before i buy stuff i look for the best part and the best price. and if i need it now or later. so honestly. i dont mind either one because i got good guys that work at both shops. but i must say, i hate my local murrays. thank god they fired all the lazy bastards there and got in some experienced people when they changed to oreilly's. but as for lmc, eh decent but pricy.
Old August 19th, 2009, 9:38 PM
CF Junior Member

I absolutely love me local Advance Auto. These guys are great. One guy knows any oil filter number, for any vehicle by memory. He worked at an oil change shop for 10 years. The other guy, Andrew, hes a certified "Cry"sler mechanic, and he left there to work at a private shop. He's so knowledgeable and everything. All the guys at my local AAP are great.. now, Butthole Zone is different.. They have like 4 high school/college kids who don't know their heads from their a$$es. Why a place would hire people who don't know anything is beyond me.

Now about the chinese parts.. thats anything any more. I never use duralast, because they're junk. I use whatever has a good rep. Except Fram, good name, horrible oil filter lol.
Old August 19th, 2009, 9:41 PM
Super Moderator

Most of the sensors to day are made by duralast and some are even made in canada. You do not have a choice on some parts!
Old August 19th, 2009, 9:46 PM
CF Junior Member

Don't drive a new vehicle that needs sensors and you eliminate that problem hehe. I prefer my good ole technology. Stick to non computer controlled vehicles and you'll be fine =p.

I actually like my non abs equiped truck better then the newer trucks. It's more fun, and actually teaches you techniques on how to drive. As far as my truck problems go, I would probably have a better running truck at the moment, but what fun would that be.. I would never get to tinker with anything.
Old August 19th, 2009, 9:51 PM
Super Moderator

I have had my fair share of carbeurtated vehicles! I love TBI vehicles! Not half the sensors as multipoint fuel injection and more power and better gas mileage! With the same setup on my 85 as far as gear ratio and engine set up I got 8 miles to the gallon. I have 4:56 gears and a 355 in my truck now I get 16 mpg. You can do more tuning on fuel injected vehicles to!
Old August 19th, 2009, 10:28 PM
CF Junior Member

More tuning, at a nasty price. If I wanted to run a turbo set up on my 350, with a carb. All I would have to do is make it blowthru. With a FI system, its wayy more. For higher rated injectors, for flashing an ecm, all of that. FI has tuning, but ill stick to my caveman methods. No computers for me, even tho I'm a computer wiz lol.

BTW, who cares about gas mileage? Are you a CARS freak? lol. Just go drive your powder blue Prius. lmao, just kidding. I love working all week to be able to drive my truck or any of the toys for a few hours. My truck uses more gas then a top fuel dragster lol, but I don't mind.

Quick Reply: For all you guys who need replacement parts.