Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

For all you guys who need replacement parts.

Search this Thread

Old August 20th, 2009, 9:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You dont mind because you do not have your license yet. Yout dont mind because you do not go to college full time and have a full time job. I also have my own house. When you pay your own bills trust me you will care about gas mileage!!!!
Old August 20th, 2009, 10:32 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by suzuki-guy
You dont mind because you do not have your license yet. Yout dont mind because you do not go to college full time and have a full time job. I also have my own house. When you pay your own bills trust me you will care about gas mileage!!!!

amen brother
Old August 20th, 2009, 2:34 PM
CF Beginner

Default autozone or advance auto

I would have to go with advance auto over auto zone. I bought a dura not-last battery and had to take it back 3 times before I got pissed off and went to Napa. I try to go to Napa whenever I need parts for my truck. They cost a little more but, to me its worth it to get it right the 1st time. My 90 Silverado 350 has 230,000 mile on it and runs like a scalded dog.
Old August 21st, 2009, 9:04 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I used to travel as part of my job. What I noticed(and maybe it WAS just coincidence) was that wherever I went, there was an Advance Auto Parts right up the street. Which got me thinking:"If I ever need to exchange a defective or faulty part..."

My 4 year old OEM battery died on me while I was traveling. Even though I should have seen it coming I was in a bit of a pickle, because I needed a battery I could depend on immediately. Being away from home, I was unfamiliar with who and what were available at the time.

So when I got my new battery, first I called around, because I wanted what was supposedly "the best" (Interstate). The distribution system for these great batteries was not confidence inspiring. So I upgraded to an Optima Red Top gel-cell, and, in the future, if there are any problems, I have the safety net of Advance Auto's wide store network to fall back on. My thoughts being that great quality can only get you so far, at some point you have to provide customers in trouble with support.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 11:03 PM
CF Junior Member

I agree with Rivereye. I think Optima batteries in a daily driver is fine.. but if you have summer vehicles, which spend half their battery life on a charger, not the greatest idea for the money. I personally would rather get 2-3 Everstart batteries for the price of one optima. I have an Everstart Maxx, in my buick. It stays fully charged even with the system feeding off of it.

Good luck finding any quality anymore without the price. Why do you think the duralast sensors are cheap? The slant eyes make em. If, the Greedy Americans that we are, made them, they would be almost double.. know why? Slant eyes work for less, and keep production costs down. Cheaper price, reduced product. Its really common sense.

Originally Posted by suzuki-guy
I'll just keep my mouth shut. I don't want to have anyone think I'm a lying teenager, but a word of advice, I wouldn't sterotype anyone. Why would I even comment on gas mileage when I don't drive, its because I do. Know how many miles to the gallon I get? about 10, if I'm lucky. That's not the truck tho, its gets 15, on a good day.

Last edited by Wastehog; August 22nd, 2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

I am not stereo typing man! I loved my 85 didnt have a care in the world! Untill I had responsibilities. Alls I am saying is live it up untill you can! When YOu get into the world of bills it sucks! Just wondering how do you drive when your 15? Just wondering I wish I could go back to being young. I always wanted to get older now I wnat to get younger and go back to the good ole days!
Old August 23rd, 2009, 1:37 AM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Wastehog
Yeah, that's why i put that they are a bit over priced, but i have one thing to say. Good luck finding a whole fender at you're local Butthole Zone. I absolutely hate Autozone. I hope they fail in the recession. Around here I go to Advance Auto whenever I can. Hell, they even know me by name, and its not from readin it from a computer. Autozone is horrible with hiring unknowledgeable people, imho. Not dissing them, or maybe I am.. lol.
Screw both of them.
If you want good parts and knowledgeable people, go to Carquest, O'Riley, or Napa.

And he is 16 Cody...

I don't want to hear any mention of stereotyping because of age. You all know why.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 2:14 AM
CF Junior Member

Haha, thanks Brent, for correcting the age mindset that Cody has lol. Anyways, when I said about stereotyping I meant because if you knew me, you couldn't compare me to others my age. You would compare me to people older then you, for the sh*t I've been through and done. That was my point. I could give details but I'm lazy, and tired.. and I'm going to bed. Got school Monday for the first day.. out of about 180 total days I have to sit in hell for 9 hrs.

Oh well, I'll still go to AAP, because I have no carquest, and napa isn't worth my business around here. lol. O'riley isn't big here either, so I'll stick to my buddies at AAP, I keep goin' there and Ima see if I can get a job/a discount. I was probably their biggest customer within the first month of them opening.. Was in there every day for 3 weeks.. That's why they all know me lol
Old August 24th, 2009, 6:24 PM
Super Moderator

I did not say you were immature and I was not Stereotyping in case you did not see my previous post. I meant know harm by what I said! I was just saying Gas mileage will be a concern as you get older form my personal experience! Do not know why you took so much offense but I am sorry you did!
Old September 1st, 2009, 10:41 PM
CF Junior Member

Lol, I didn't take offense. I was just saying.. I know what a toll gas mileage has on me.. The truck uses more fuel then a Top fuel dragster, but I don't mind.. Its the thought of driving her, not the price. That was my point =p. No offense taken. Being the only kid at your school with a truck like mine, in as good of shape, and getting the compliments on it.. beats the price in gas any day =p. As soon as I get my headers and cutouts.. everyone will know me better, by my tail lights.