Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Constant chime when door opens.

Search this Thread

Old June 30th, 2014, 10:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Constant chime when door opens.

<hr size="1" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"><!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> 2006 Silverado 2500HD with remote start system. Everything was working fine until about a week ago the chime started chiming constantly (fast ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding.....) when I use my remote key FOB to unlock the doors and then I open the driver side door. The chiming stops when I close the door or insert the key into the ignition switch. The chime also stops if I press the Unlock Door button on the key FOB after opening the door. There are no dash lights or messages during chiming. Also, when I exit the truck and close the driver door, and then press Lock on the key FOB, the doors lock as usual, but the front amber lights flash 2 or 3 times and then they stay on for a fairly long time (about 6 to 8 minutes or so). It's as if the alarm system is detecting an unusual condition when I unlock the doors using the key FOB and then open the driver side door. If I unlock the door using just the key, and then open the door, the alarm does not sound! Does anyone have a guess what might have happened to cause this behavior? Thanks!

Edit: PROBLEM RESOLVED! I didn't know it at the time, but about a week before I posted this problem, my remote starter system went into some sort of Error mode when I accidentally started the engine, but quickly stopped it before it had a chance to fully start. I realized that yesterday when I read the instruction manual that describes every detail of the remote starter system. In order to reset the error condition, all I needed to do was to remote start the engine, allow it to run for a few seconds, then shut it down with the same button on my key FOB. After doing that, the problem with the constant ding ding ding is no longer a problem, and everything seems to be working normally now. Phewwww! I thought this might turn out to be an expensive repair job!

Last edited by xrayrep; July 4th, 2014 at 7:21 PM. Reason: PROBLEM RESOLVED!
Old July 11th, 2014, 7:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you got it figured out. I would have suggested to disconnect the battery for a minute and see if that cleared the issue up.