Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dealer Damaged my brand new truck

Search this Thread

Old June 13th, 2020, 4:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Damaged my brand new truck

So I have a scenario I’m not sure how to handle and I know I over reacted and got pretty damn mad and screamed and cursed the tech. But all in all he did something ignorant.
I was at the dealership getting my first oil change on my brand new 2020 Silverado HD and I stepped out of the waiting room to see if it was still on the car lift to determine how much longer I would be there. Well it wasn’t and I noticed the tech removing my WDH. And all of a sudden he just threw it into the bed of my truck with the tailgate closed. Now keep in mind my WDH weighs 60 lbs. needless to say I lost my ever loving mind and immediately asked for a manager and as one would already guess it left 4 large dents in the bed of my truck. The manager said we will have our body guy get this out for you. I replied I don’t want a fixed F$&@&$Ing truck, I spent $55,000 on this and I want a new bed. Is this too far fetched or do I just get stuck with a repair job because a tech was a complete moron. Please any and all input is welcome so I can have all my guns ready to fire whenever I call them Monday to discuss this with the upper management. I asked them why he was even taking it off anyway and they stated they have to take it off before they run it through they’re car wash. Thanks for any suggestions

Old June 14th, 2020, 12:51 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Call Chevrolet Customer Service directly. WTH did they need to remove this item for? Tailgate clearance?

https://my.chevrolet.com/contact

Last edited by oilcanhenry; June 14th, 2020 at 12:58 AM.
The following users liked this post:
2020HDBLACKbeast (June 14th, 2020)
Old June 14th, 2020, 7:28 AM
CF Beginner

[QUOTE=oilcanhenry;449232]Call Chevrolet Customer Service directly. WTH did they need to remove this item for? Tailgate clearance?

https://my.chevrolet.com/contact[/QUOTE

Due to covid 19 they run your vehicle through they’re onsite car wash and they said they remove all ball hitches due to that. I assume so it doesn’t interfere with all the automatic equipment and snag something.
Old June 14th, 2020, 8:27 AM
CF Monarch

Received 342 Likes on 323 Posts

When I go through the car wash here they also make me remove the hitch and anything in the bed.
Old June 14th, 2020, 9:51 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

if it was mine, I would have the dent removed and have them apply a spray in bed liner. LineX is a company in my area that does good spray in bed liners. its probably a cheaper fix for them and a better product for you.
The following 3 users liked this post by tech2:
2020HDBLACKbeast (June 14th, 2020), oilcanhenry (June 15th, 2020), Rednucleus (June 14th, 2020)
Old June 14th, 2020, 3:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
if it was mine, I would have the dent removed and have them apply a spray in bed liner. LineX is a company in my area that does good spray in bed liners. its probably a cheaper fix for them and a better product for you.
I agree. For what it's worth, I worked at a dealership collision center which provided collision repairs for the public and 8 different brands of automotive manufacturer dealerships (and service departments for similar issues as yours) owned by the same family. I have repaired numerous new vehicles that were damaged straight from the factory/warranty issues etc. IMHO you would be better off having them repair, refinish the floor of your truck, and install a good aftermarket spray in liner. If you push for a new bed, and get the dealership to agree. They are going to order a new bed assembly through their parts department which will come in, and need to be painted. They will paint the new bed, and install it on your truck. So, by repairing your bed you will still retain the factory finish on most of your bed assembly minus the floor, and eliminate any color match/paint warranty issues on most of your bed. Also, if you replace the bed even new parts come in damaged some times and require some repair. So, even with a new bed you may still have an area that needs to be repaired before painting. I completely understand your frustration, and after making such a large investment in a vehicle I would be the same way. But, even though a correct body shop repair/paint job should be just as good as the factory finish, with proper paint match (and in most cases most reputable shops offer lifetime warranties on their paint and repairs) I still think the best repair in this case is to repair your floor, instead of replacing the entire bed. But, I know it still hurts your feelings. That's just my $0.02.
Old June 14th, 2020, 3:45 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Yes, it is a truck. Those dents can't be repaired, replacement is the only way, then again it is a truck LineX bed liner would be what I would settle for.
Old June 14th, 2020, 4:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

why couldn't a body man pull the dent or weld in a section?
Old June 14th, 2020, 4:29 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by patrickg20
I agree. For what it's worth, I worked at a dealership collision center which provided collision repairs for the public and 8 different brands of automotive manufacturer dealerships (and service departments for similar issues as yours) owned by the same family. I have repaired numerous new vehicles that were damaged straight from the factory/warranty issues etc. IMHO you would be better off having them repair, refinish the floor of your truck, and install a good aftermarket spray in liner. If you push for a new bed, and get the dealership to agree. They are going to order a new bed assembly through their parts department which will come in, and need to be painted. They will paint the new bed, and install it on your truck. So, by repairing your bed you will still retain the factory finish on most of your bed assembly minus the floor, and eliminate any color match/paint warranty issues on most of your bed. Also, if you replace the bed even new parts come in damaged some times and require some repair. So, even with a new bed you may still have an area that needs to be repaired before painting. I completely understand your frustration, and after making such a large investment in a vehicle I would be the same way. But, even though a correct body shop repair/paint job should be just as good as the factory finish, with proper paint match (and in most cases most reputable shops offer lifetime warranties on their paint and repairs) I still think the best repair in this case is to repair your floor, instead of replacing the entire bed. But, I know it still hurts your feelings. That's just my $0.02.
Thats kind of what I was leaning toward after I took a day to cool down. Like u said cheaper for them and actually better for me cause we have line x here as well and they offer a lifetime warranty. Thanks everyone for there input. I believe this is what I am going to demand let’s just hope they get on board and do it
Old June 15th, 2020, 11:16 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Great idea, tech2!!! I would not have thought of that solution at all.